: We have added this to stack of items on our side to take look at in near future. Out of curiosity are you having any issues with pip install? /cc:
RFE can we get RPM packages as well
Can we get RPM packages for CentOS Linux 6 and 7 please ?
5条回答 默认 最新
- weixin_39717121 2020-12-01 11:31点赞 评论 复制链接分享
- weixin_39785081 2020-12-01 11:31
thanks for the consideration.
Pip installs cant be managed in anyway, so while they are a great onramp for developer and transient workloads, its never a good solution for either production or any sort of managed environment.
Beyond that, my specific case here is to consume this content in upstream CentOS Project build and validation services. We need the rpms, so we can work through the dep chains and ensure the entire stack can be managed cleanly etc. All of our existing tooling for these, as you might imagine, is rpm centric.
cheers,点赞 评论 复制链接分享
- weixin_39762856 2020-12-01 11:31
+1 for this. We've discovered a number of problems with the current approach.
点赞 评论 复制链接分享
- UrlLib does not play well with our enterprise Bluecoat proxies, no matter how lenient we set the target pypi URL destination in the proxy to not check for sane TLS requests.
- While we can manage pips and pip3s using Puppet, we'd much rather manage RPMs as we do for everything else in our RHEL infra.
- The pips available in PyPi don't seem to work properly out of the box on a standard RHEL 7 host.
- weixin_39717121 2020-12-01 11:31
: Lets look into this for upcoming sprint.点赞 评论 复制链接分享
- weixin_39967812 2020-12-01 11:31
Created RPM package. All are welcome to test it out. It installs CLI release 2.0.16.
RHEL, Fedora and CentOS based distributions:
sudo rpm --import https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc sudo sh -c 'echo -e "[azure-cli]\nname=Azure CLI\nbaseurl=https://packages.microsoft.com/yumrepos/azure-cli\nenabled=1\ngpgcheck=1\ngpgkey=https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc" > /etc/yum.repos.d/azure-cli.repo' yum check-update sudo yum install -y azure-cli
openSUSE and SLE based distributions:
sudo sh -c 'echo -e "[azure-cli]\nname=Azure CLI\nbaseurl=https://packages.microsoft.com/yumrepos/azure-cli\nenabled=1\ntype=rpm-md\ngpgcheck=1\ngpgkey=https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc" > /etc/zypp/repos.d/azure-cli.repo' sudo zypper refresh sudo zypper install code
This information should appear on a docs.microsoft.com page soon if all is well.点赞 评论 复制链接分享