weixin_39928787
weixin_39928787
2020-12-01 17:54

0.5.0 giving "Premature end of JPEG file" error.

Not sure what may be causing this. I've been using 0.2.0 because it's been stable for me, but went to test out 0.5.0 in hopes it would fix a problem that was being reported to me with our grunt build task. However, when I went to upgrade I discovered the same bug that was being reported!

Running "imagemin:dist" (imagemin) task
✔ _dist/images/code_bg.png (already optimized)
✔ _dist/images/bird_32_gray_fail.png (already optimized)
✔ _dist/images/bird_32_gray.png (already optimized)
✔ _dist/images/comics/comic.jpg (already optimized)
✔ _dist/images/comics/characters.jpg (already optimized)
✔ _dist/images/comics/kcco-ep1.jpg (already optimized)
✔ _dist/images/comics/introduction-to-keep-calm-and-code-on.jpg (already optimized)
✔ _dist/images/comics/keep-calm-and-code-on-1-pokemon-institute-security-reports.jpg (already optimized)
✔ _dist/images/comics/keep-calm-and-code-on-3-code-signing.jpg (already optimized)
✔ _dist/images/comics/keep-calm-and-code-on-2-card-skimmers.jpg (already optimized)
Warning: Premature end of JPEG file
 Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.

Not sure what all information is needed. Please let me know. Thanks!

该提问来源于开源项目:gruntjs/grunt-contrib-imagemin

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

6条回答

• weixin_39759155 weixin_39759155 4月前

got this error when the file is not really a jpeg, basically the extension is wrong. Did you check that ?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39928787 weixin_39928787 4月前

Thanks for the reply, . I hadn't checked that! This post is after I've walked through everything again and not necessarily in chronological order of my actions ;p

Exploring the issue

I removed many images until the error stopped occurring and started adding in one by one. As I was adding in the images, and getting errors on particular ones, I realized the the one it errors on may not be the last one or even next one in the list of those it has optimized. So I used the --force option to see if I could get a little more data, and wound up with this:

Running "imagemin:dist" (imagemin) task
    ✔ _dist/images/code_bg.png (already optimized)
    ✔ _dist/images/bird_32_gray_fail.png (already optimized)
    ✔ _dist/images/bird_32_gray.png (already optimized)
    ✔ _dist/images/comics/comic.jpg (already optimized)
    ✔ _dist/images/comics/characters.jpg (already optimized)
    ✔ _dist/images/comics/introduction-to-keep-calm-and-code-on.jpg (already optimized)
    ✔ _dist/images/comics/kcco-ep1.jpg (already optimized)
    ✔ _dist/images/comics/keep-calm-and-code-on-1-pokemon-institute-security-reports.jpg (already optimized)
    Warning: Premature end of JPEG file
     Used --force, continuing.

/Users/joshmatz/Projects/blog/node_modules/grunt-contrib-compass/node_modules/tmp/lib/tmp.js:261
      throw err;
            ^
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'diffSizeRaw' of undefined
        at /Users/joshmatz/Projects/blog/node_modules/grunt-contrib-imagemin/tasks/imagemin.js:35:35
        at Socket.<anonymous> (/Users/joshmatz/Projects/blog/node_modules/grunt-contrib-imagemin/node_modules/image-min/imagemin.js:70:16)
        at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:95:17)
        at Socket.<anonymous> (_stream_readable.js:736:14)
        at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:92:17)
        at emitReadable_ (_stream_readable.js:408:10)
        at emitReadable (_stream_readable.js:404:5)
        at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:165:9)
        at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:127:10)
        at Pipe.onread (net.js:526:21)
    </anonymous></anonymous>

The only file I currently have triggering is *-7-*. As you can see, though it appears to be stopping at after *-1-*, when I remove 7 the error goes away completely. Now that it's narrowed down to this particular image, I have found that it is, in fact, a corrupt image. Photoshop won't open it and gives this warning:

Could not complete your request because a JPEG marker segment length is too short (the file may be truncated or incomplete).

I'll see if I can get my hands on a non-corrupt image and I'm sure that will fix it.

Fixing the issue without fixing the issue

Oddly enough, with the additional --force data, I found #143 which seems to be the same problem. mentioned that changing her src string fixed it. I tried that, and what do you know? Error is gone! That's not necessarily the best solution as now every time I want a new image folder I have to manually add to our Gruntfile... I'm also not sure why changing my src string has any effect on whether the corrupt image is able to be optimized...

Going forward

While my initial instincts on a corrupt jpeg were correct (seeing as how that is what the error basically says!), narrowing down just which corrupt file it was was not that easy since the listed optimized files don't seem to match to the file that actually causes the error. I wonder if there's a way to output this information better?

Also curious why the above solution worked and if it's working correctly. If it's working, I wonder if it's possible to output a warning rather than completely breaking?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39759155 weixin_39759155 4月前

hi,

Regarding the error itself, TypeError: Cannot read property 'diffSizeRaw' of undefined yes it is easy to fix in fact. there shouldbe a else starting on line 33 until line 43.

For better debuging, see line 32, the error message is damn poor and rely on the external binaries to eventually provide interesting information.

Lastly, concerning #143, i can t say, i have same interrogations !

Remains the missing pr !

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39893893 weixin_39893893 4月前

Try installing 0.6.0-pre by running npm install gruntjs/grunt-contrib-imagemin and see if the problem persists.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39671509 weixin_39671509 4月前

Actually works with PNG, I was trying with 0.5.0 and always save 0-bytes files.

I just update to 0.6.0-pre and now everything is fine (for PNGs).

:+1:

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39885683 weixin_39885683 4月前

0.6.0 is out. Let us know if you still have this problem.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享