weixin_39972741
weixin_39972741
2020-12-01 22:23

Compilation error

Sorry to bug you about a compilation error here, but I couldn't see a mailing list to ask on. I'm getting the following in ElementaryOS. Any ideas?

[translation:ERROR] CompilationError: CompilationError(err="""
[translation:ERROR]     In file included from testing_1.c:1:0:
[translation:ERROR]     common_header.h:114:31: fatal error: readline/readline.h: No such file or directory
[translation:ERROR]     compilation terminated.
[translation:ERROR]     In file included from data_pixie_vm_code.c:4:0:
[translation:ERROR]     common_header.h:114:31: fatal error: readline/readline.h: No such file or directory
[translation:ERROR]     In file included from data_pixie_vm_bits.c:4:0:
[translation:ERROR]     In file included from data_pixie_vm_array.c:4:0:
[translation:ERROR]     make: *** [data_pixie_vm_code.gcmap] Error 1
[translation:ERROR]     make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[translation:ERROR]     make: *** [testing_1.gcmap] Error 1
[translation:ERROR]     make: *** [data_pixie_vm_array.gcmap] Error 1
[translation:ERROR]     make: *** [data_pixie_vm_bits.gcmap] Error 1
[translation:ERROR]     """)

该提问来源于开源项目:pixie-lang/pixie

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

7条回答

• weixin_39614834 weixin_39614834 5月前

You need to install readline, probably apt-get install libreadline-dev on your system.

(You're welcome to visit our IRC channel for questions, it's #pixie-lang on freenode.)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39972741 weixin_39972741 5月前

Cheers, I'll give it a shot tonight. I was just about to make a pull request updating the readme, but I see you beat me to it :-)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39638188 weixin_39638188 5月前

Going to re-use this issue because I had the exact same problem before updating the README. :)

Past that, I get:

[platform:Error]   File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/c/gcc/trackgcroot.py", line 1525, in find_functions
    [platform:Error]     "missed the start of the current function")
    [platform:Error] AssertionError: missed the start of the current function
    [platform:Error] make: *** [testing_1.gcmap] Error 1
    [platform:Error] make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    [2538d] translation-task}
    [Timer] Timings:
    [Timer] annotate                       ---   59.7 s
    [Timer] rtype_lltype                   ---   97.4 s
    [Timer] pyjitpl_lltype                 ---  480.4 s
    [Timer] backendopt_lltype              ---  213.1 s
    [Timer] stackcheckinsertion_lltype     ---   21.1 s
    [Timer] database_c                     ---  208.0 s
    [Timer] source_c                       ---  443.6 s
    [Timer] compile_c                      ---    1.5 s
    [Timer] ===========================================
    [Timer] Total:                         --- 1524.9 s
    [translation:info] Error:
    [translation:info]    File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/goal/translate.py", line 316, in main
    [translation:info]     drv.proceed(goals)
    [translation:info]    File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/driver.py", line 539, in proceed
    [translation:info]     return self._execute(goals, task_skip = self._maybe_skip())
    [translation:info]    File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/tool/taskengine.py", line 114, in _execute
    [translation:info]     res = self._do(goal, taskcallable, *args, **kwds)
    [translation:info]    File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/driver.py", line 276, in _do
    [translation:info]     res = func()
    [translation:info]    File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/driver.py", line 505, in task_compile_c
    [translation:info]     cbuilder.compile(**kwds)
    [translation:info]    File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/c/genc.py", line 375, in compile
    [translation:info]     extra_opts)
    [translation:info]    File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/platform/posix.py", line 196, in execute_makefile
    [translation:info]     self._handle_error(returncode, stdout, stderr, path.join('make'))
    [translation:info]    File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/platform/__init__.py", line 151, in _handle_error
    [translation:info]     raise CompilationError(stdout, stderr)
    [translation:ERROR] CompilationError: CompilationError(err="""
    [translation:ERROR]     Traceback (most recent call last):
    [translation:ERROR]       File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/c/gcc/trackgcroot.py", line 2089, in <module>
    [translation:ERROR]         tracker.process(f, g, filename=fn)
    [translation:ERROR]       File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/c/gcc/trackgcroot.py", line 1980, in process
    [translation:ERROR]         for in_function, lines in parser.find_functions(iterlines):
    [translation:ERROR]       File "/home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/c/gcc/trackgcroot.py", line 1525, in find_functions
    [translation:ERROR]         "missed the start of the current function")
    [translation:ERROR]     AssertionError: missed the start of the current function
    [translation:ERROR]     make: *** [testing_1.gcmap] Error 1
    [translation:ERROR]     make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    [translation:ERROR]     """)
    [translation] start debugger...
    > /home/odroid/Development/externals/pypy/rpython/translator/platform/__init__.py(151)_handle_error()
    -> raise CompilationError(stdout, stderr)
    (Pdb+) 
    </module>

...on an ARM platform. I'd like to help fix that, but need some pointers as to what might be wrong since rpython's notion of platform here is "posix" and it doesn't seem to be an ARM issue per se...

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39902184 weixin_39902184 5月前

So this is at the very end of translation. Everything has been typed, and optimized, and it's starting to write the code to C. This makes me think it's not an issue with Pixie and instead perhaps an issue with PyPy. Perhaps hit up the guys on #pypy and see what they say?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Seems reasonable. I've mostly relied on binary packages to run pypy on ARM so far, and I realize it may require some adjustments. But rather than cargo-cult stuff across, I'd rather figure out what is going on, hence my asking for pointers.

So let me see if I got this straight - could it be that the code generator has some issue with running in ARM (or in my cut-down Ubuntu) and for some reason has failed to generate a portion of C code this is looking for?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39902184 weixin_39902184 5月前

If you're interested in this, try compiling again. I got pixie to compile (with a JIT) on a copy of Linux compiling on my 1st Generation Nexus 7. That'd be an Android kernel with a Linux chroot.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Thanks for the heads up - will try again report back!

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐