weixin_39548438
weixin_39548438
2020-12-02 04:08

Overhaul of Schedule

• Schedule: Made member internalDayCounting public. This is the internal day count convention that should be used throughout the library
  • Schedule: Added static method getDateFromDouble(LocalDate referenceDate, double dateOffset) that creates a date by using the internalDayCounting convention to add a dateOffset to a referenceDate
  • Schedule: Added static method getInternalDaycountFraction(LocalDate startDate, LocalDate endDate) to calculate the daycount fraction between 2 dates using the internalDayCounting convention
  • Tenor: removed member internalDayCounting – use internalDayCounting of Schedule instead
  • AbstractForwardCurve ...: Replaced hardcoded Act_365 dcc with internal dcc
  • Schedule/Period/Tenor: Added or improved toString() method

该提问来源于开源项目:finmath/finmath-lib

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

8条回答

• weixin_39548438 weixin_39548438 5月前

For a ForwardCurve the toString() would look something like this: forwardcurve_tostring

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Note that a ForrwardCurveFromDiscountCurve shows no points as it does not have own points (only actually belong to referenceDiscountCurveForForwards)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39966130 weixin_39966130 5月前

I assume that the implementation of getDateFromDouble has a bug. For some days you will lose a day due to rounding (and then create an exception). Just try the following:

double x = 3.0
    double f = x / 365.0;
    int i = (int)(f*365);

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Hi.

I have committed three changes to the PR (please pull/update):

• Fixing the bug using the internal dcc where the schedule dcc should be used.
    • Making the member private again.
    • Adding a class which does the conversion from Date to Double and also fixing the bug introduced in your conversion for 3 days mapping to 2 (in your case giving an exception).

The reason to use a separate class: From the discussion I had (also with others) there schould be a central place where the conversion from Date to Double is documented (JavaDoc). Example: People using an Equity Model would likely not check the documentation/methods of schedule. Since this conversion is fundamental, it should be documented and be performed in a separate place.

I have just added the class, but not yet changed the code of your PR.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39906358 weixin_39906358 5月前

Being public final versus ´public´ but not final: "violation of immutability" the user could change the field, hence create a schedule with ACT/360, then change it back to ACT/365 (at maybe another place) and get strange results. Also consider two threads running in parallel both using the field.

Being public versus private: "violation of encapsulation“ being private we ensure that the user has to call the conversion method and it is possible to perform checks. Only using the two conversion methods we can always intercept (e.g. check for rounding or allow future improvements or changes). Why making it public without need. If there is no argument for public one shouldn’t go for it.

Am 17.05.2017 um 11:37 schrieb NiklasRodi :

commented on this pull request.

In src/main/java6/net/finmath/time/Schedule.java https://github.com/finmath/finmath-lib/pull/22#discussion_r116954037:

@@ -29,7 +29,7 @@ */ public class Schedule implements ScheduleInterface {

• private static DayCountConventionInterface internalDayCounting = new DayCountConvention_ACT_365();
    • public static DayCountConventionInterface internalDayCounting = new DayCountConvention_ACT_365(); // static internal daycount convention to convert between doubles and date diffs Yes this should be private. Why not make it final?

— You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub https://github.com/finmath/finmath-lib/pull/22#discussion_r116954037, or mute the thread https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe-auth/ADpJQRRR3w0oKl3sHs1Z0waQ4NbOJ25iks5r6r-9gaJpZM4NbHK1.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

The pretty printing in the toString is nice (e.g. for viewing curve in the object browser). I have fixed the NPE and made a small change to the print output. Please check if this suits you.

UnitTest should pass now...

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

For a DiscountCurve the toString() would look something like this: discountcurve_tostring

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I explicitly did not replace e.g. modelDcc = new DayCountConvention_ACT_365() in CurveFactory as I did not want to change any modelling dcc but only the internal (representation) dcc

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐