weixin_39962758
weixin_39962758
2020-12-02 06:57

[Icons] Visualization Icons

I wanted to use this issue to track individual icons for visualization types and perhaps improvements. Currently all I mention here is super low priority, just wanted to write it down somewhere, so it won't get forgotten.

cc

该提问来源于开源项目:elastic/eui

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

9条回答

• weixin_39962758 weixin_39962758 5月前

Vega

visVega currently have the `` icon. I think that was just the first icon we came across when needing an icon. Vega itself has no icon, so we kind of are free to do whatever we want there. Maybe we can think about a better icon then the existing one.

My short description of what Vega is: it's own flexible grammar that you can write to generate very flexible charts (not linked to any charts existing in Kibana yet).

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Metric

Super nitpick: Within the visMetric icon there is the number 8, right? I found this at first confusing, because I thought it's actually a small "user" icon (iconized body-head). Perhaps we could come up with a different number, that's still looking visually pleasant (I think 8 was chosen, since it's - beside 0 - the only symmetrical number), but easier to distinguish from a simplified "user" icon?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39915694 weixin_39915694 5月前

cc

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

It seems Vega has now some more official icons finally. Maybe we could align our visVega icon to match one of the official icons. -

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Since we're about to GA Vega in Kibana I wanted to check if there's any chance to get the (now official) Vega logo (https://github.com/vega/logos) into EUI (in that form or some variation). I think right now we'd need to create a simplified form to stay in sync with the remaining vis icons, but maybe in the context of https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/73418 we could even use the more colorful logo?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

The EuiIcon component accepts any custom SVG or link to an image. It's not a logo that will be widely used across all Elastic product, therefore, this is a good opportunity to switch to having this particular 3rd party logo (Vega) inside Kibana and not managed by EUI.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I think we might still need a separate SVG produced? I feel just using the original Logo will look quit out of place for the editor? But we could postpone that until https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/73418 is addressed, and then figure out which logo/SVG we need (so we only need to make one).

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

You can download both their black and full color logos and use them appropriately. I can help get the SVG's setup appropriately in Kibana, but the main point here is that it should not be housed/managed within EUI.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Closing this issue as the Vega icon will be added directly in Kibana and the Metric one has been embedded for too long and we haven't heard any other issues with it.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐