weixin_39823299
weixin_39823299
2020-12-02 10:02

How to register ApplicationInsights ILoggingProvider in the ILoggingBuilder?

Navigating through outdated documentation, it seems that the latest way to configure logging on .net core is similar to that:

host = new WebHostBuilder()
    .UseKestrel()
    .UseIISIntegration()
    .UseContentRoot(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory())
    .UseConfiguration(conf)
    .UseApplicationInsights()
    .ConfigureLogging(builder =>
    {
        builder.AddFilter("Microsoft", LogLevel.Error);
        builder.AddProvider(new CustomConsoleLogProvider());
    })
    .UseStartup<startup>()
    .Build();
</startup>

However, it seems that this is not possible with ApplicationInsights which requires a ILoggerFactory instead of the ILoggingBuilder.

I then added

loggerFactory.AddApplicationInsights(prov, LogLevel.Information);

In the Configure of my Startup.cs. This seems to work fine but is it not outdated ?

该提问来源于开源项目:microsoft/ApplicationInsights-aspnetcore

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

10条回答

• weixin_39568597 weixin_39568597 5月前

I just migrated a project over to 2.0 and am having the same thing. It looks like there is no extension method on ILoggingBuilder. Would love to have it 😄

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39636608 weixin_39636608 5月前

+1. All new ASP.NET Core documentation recommends registering logging providers via ILoggingBuilder in program.cs (as opposed to in startup.cs). It would be pretty straight-forward to work around not having an extension method except that ApplicationInsightsLoggingProvider is internal, so it can't be added directly.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39685459 weixin_39685459 5月前

Hi , Does this still look like it'll make 2.6.0?

Looking forward to being able to send logging from ConfigureServices to App Insights. I have been bit by some errant DI registrations lately and being able to send App Insights logs from ConfigureServices would be a big help.

Thanks!

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39966053 weixin_39966053 5月前

Its less likely to land in 2.6.0.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

This is going to addressed by the following PR in progress now.. https://github.com/Microsoft/ApplicationInsights-dotnet-logging/pull/239

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Closing this as this is solved by using https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.ApplicationInsights.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39581945 weixin_39581945 5月前

The extension method AddApplicationInsights() on ILoggerFactory had a min log level parameter which I was using but the extension method on ILoggingBuilder does not. Or to be more precise the ApplicationInsightsLoggerOptions do not have this option.

How to work around this?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

LogLevel based filtering in part of logging infra itself.

//configure LogLevel Trace or above is sent to ApplicationInsights for all categories. loggingBuilder.AddFilter("", LogLevel.Trace); loggingBuilder.AddApplicationInsights("--YourAIKeyHere--");

See this doc: https://github.com/Microsoft/ApplicationInsights-dotnet-logging/blob/develop/src/ILogger/Readme.md

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39581945 weixin_39581945 5月前

I saw this one coming.

So a feature has been removed with this "new design"... I have different logging providers, why shouldn't I be able to granular control their behavior regarding for example their log level thresholds?

Oh, I am sorry.

This looks promising:

logging.AddFilter<ApplicationInsightsLoggerProvider>("", LogLevel.Trace);

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Ability to control/filter per logging provider is offered by the logging infra itself, not application insights.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐