weixin_39880490
weixin_39880490
2020-12-03 00:40

Hoobs crashes about two to three times per day.

Description When I go to bed at night everything appears to be running okay. All of my devices respond properly. The last few nights though I’ve woken up and the HOOBS service has stopped running. This happened earlier today and just now. I’m not sure what’s happening as I have no development experience.

Version It was the previous version to 3.2.6. I’m also having the same issue with 3.2.6.

Did you upgrade Please let us know if you upgraded from a previous version. - [ X] Yes - [ ] No

Pervious version If you upgraded, please let us know your previous version.

Did you orginally upgrade to HOOBS 3 from HOOBS 2.1.1? Did you perform an upgrade from HOOBS 2.1.1? Some things are different. - [x] Yes - [ X] No

What device are you using? Please let us know the device you are running HOOBS on. - [ ] HOOBS Box - [ ] HOOBS SD Card - [ X] Custom Install

If this is a custom install, what's your operating system? Please let us know what operating system and version you are using. Ex. Fedora 30 or macOS Catalina.

Rapsberry Pi 4 Model B Platform: Linux Distro: Raspian GNU/Linux Release: 10 Coden

List your plugins Dummy Fujitsu Ring Harmony

Post your config This can be found in the interface, Configuration -> Advanced or you can get it via SSH cat ~/.hoobs/etc/config.json

• Remove any passwords from the config file. This is public.

{
    "server": {
        "autostart": 0,
        "port": 80,
        "home_setup_id": "Hidden",
        "polling_seconds": 5,
        "origin": "*"
    },
    "client": {
        "country_code": "US",
        "inactive_logoff": 30,
        "postal_code": "80108",
        "theme": "hoobs-light",
        "temp_units": "fahrenheit",
        "locale": "en",
        "default_route": "status"
    },
    "bridge": {
        "port": Hidden,
        "username": "Hidden",
        "pin": "Hidden",
        "name": "HOOBS"
    },
    "description": "",
    "ports": {},
    "accessories": [
        {
            "accessory": "FGLairThermostat",
            "plugin_map": {
                "plugin_name": "homebridge-fujitsu",
                "index": 0
            },
            "name": "Fujitsu Mini Split Master",
            "username": "Hidden",
            "password": "Hidden",
            "interval": "60",
            "region": "us"
        },
        {
            "accessory": "DummySwitch",
                "plugin_name": "homebridge-dummy",
            },
            "stateful": true,
            "reverse": false,
            "time": 0,
            "name": "Alarm"
        },
        {
            },
            "stateful": false,
            "time": 1800000,
            "name": "30 Minute Sleep Timer Master"
        },
        {
            },
            "time": 3600000,
            "name": "60 Minute Sleep Timer Master"
        },
        {
            },
            "time": 5400000,
            "name": "90 Minute Sleep Timer Master"
        },
        {
            },
            "time": 7200000,
            "name": "120 Minute Sleep Timer Master"
        },
        {
            },
            "time": 1800000,
            "name": "30 Minute Sleep Timer Guest"
        },
        {
            },
            "time": 3600000,
            "name": "60 Minute Sleep Timer Guest"
        },
        {
            },
            "time": 5400000,
            "name": "90 Minute Sleep Timer Guest"
        },
        {
            },
            "time": 7200000,
            "name": "120 Minute Sleep Timer Guest"
        }
    ],
    "platforms": [
        {
            "platform": "Ring",
            "hideCameraSirenSwitch": false,
            "refreshToken": "Hidden",
                "plugin_name": "homebridge-ring"
            },
            "hideUnsupportedServices": false,
            "hideInHomeDoorbellSwitch": false,
            "showPanicButtons": true,
            "hideDoorbellSwitch": false,
            "hideCameraMotionSensor": false,
            "alarmOnEntryDelay": false,
            "hideAlarmSirenSwitch": false,
            "beamDurationSeconds": 120,
            "hideLightGroups": true
        },
        {
            "platform": "HarmonyHubWebSocket",
            "name": "Basement TV",
            "hubName": "Basement Hub",
            "mainActivity": "Watch Apple TV",
            "otherPlatforms": [
                {
                    "name": "Family Room TV",
                    "hubName": "Family Room Hub"
                },
                {
                    "name": "Master Bedroom TV",
                    "hubName": "Master Bedroom Hub"
                },
                {
                    "name": "Guest Bedroom TV",
                    "hubName": "Guest Bedroom Hub"
                }
            ],
            "playPauseBehavior": true
        }
    ]
}

Post your log You can get the log from the intercafe. This is in the Log section.

5/22/2020, 4:39:20 PM [Basement TV] INFO - starting hub discovery
5/22/2020, 4:39:21 PM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running
    at healthCheck (dgram.js:902:11)
    at Socket.send (dgram.js:627:3)
    at Ping.emit (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:25:15)
    at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17)
    at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7)
5/22/2020, 4:39:21 PM Got SIGTERM, shutting down Bridge...
5/22/2020, 4:39:21 PM [Basement TV] INFO - shutdown
5/22/2020, 4:39:22 PM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running
    at Ping.emit (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:25:15)
5/22/2020, 4:39:23 PM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running
5/22/2020, 4:39:24 PM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running

Additional context I thought the issue was occurring from the smartthings plugin I had, so I removed that. I’m still having the same issue though, so it’s not that. Everything was working fine for the most part since I set things up about a week ago. As an FYI, I’m really new to all of this, but if you give me steps to follow I can generally figure out what needs to be done. If I knew what a socket dgram was I’d probably be able to figure this out. Thanks

该提问来源于开源项目:hoobs-org/HOOBS

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

25条回答

• weixin_39880490 weixin_39880490 5月前

I think this is coming from the Harmony plugin. I know the new SmartThings plugin uses sockets too, so maybe the two plugins were fighting.

I found better luck with the older SmartThings plugin, seems more stable.

If I were to restore my configuration do you think that might help or do I need to do a system restore?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39531992 weixin_39531992 5月前

You can try it, but you may need to reset and install the plugins again.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

You can try it, but you may need to reset and install the plugins again.

Yeah that didn’t work. Sounds like I need to do a reset. What’s the best way to go back to a new version of hoobs and rebuild everything?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Save your config first. A system backup includes your plugins.

Then there is a reset button on the Help screen.

Install plugins. (Without SmartThings) And then post your config in the Advanced section of the config screen.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I went through the reset process, loaded just the harmony plugin and I’m still crashing constantly. One thing I should note. I added another hub and changed the name of one of my existing. I wonder if that’s the problem. At this point I’m ready to wipe my Pi and start with a brand new Hoobs OS or is that what the reset does?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

A reset whipes out all plugins and configs. Essentially the same thing.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

The dual hub thing could be an issue.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Okay so I did the reset and that didn’t work. I then tried removing hoobs from my pi and reinstalled it and just the harmony plugin. The plugin works fine if I load only one of my hubs. The moment I put more in, that’s when I run into problems. It was working fine for the last week. It was once I updated the plugin that things stopped working. Is there a way to load an old version of the plugin since the update seems to have killed my setup? Right now I have the new harmony plugin removed.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Okay I think I might know what’s going on. I have a mesh network with four hubs running. From reading other threads, it might have to do with my mesh network. So my question for you guys is:

1) Is this an issue with the harmony plugin? 2) Is it an issue with Hoobs? 3) Is there something with my mesh network I can do to solve the issue? 4) Who should I reach out to if it’s number 1 & 2?

Thanks guys!

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39902508 weixin_39902508 5月前

Make sure HOOBS is plugged into your main node. That usually fixes a lot of issues.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Make sure HOOBS is plugged into your main node. That usually fixes a lot of issues.

I have HOOBS plugged into my main router (xfinity xFi) and I have three xFi pods throughout the house. My basement hub is connected to the basement xFi pod, my guest bedroom hub is connected to my upstairs xFi pod, and my master bedroom and family room hubs are connected to the main xFi router.

Is it still possible the mesh network could be causing problems?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

If the HOOBS bridge was able to connect when you added it to Homekit then it shouldn't be a mesh network problem. Can you post your config with both Harmony Hubs included?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

According to the logs it cannot discover the Guest Bedroom Hub. Make sure it's connected to the network. Try removing it from the config temporarily to see if that fixes the issue.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

OKay I’ll give that a shot. On a side note, when posting about configurations, is there a risk in posting the IP addresses of the devices? I believe those are the LAN address, but I want to be sure I’m not posting anything someone could possibly use to access my house.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

You can post local ip addresses just fine, those cannot be connected to from the internet. Main things you want to avoid posting are any credentials and access tokens.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Okay thanks. So it looks like removing the guest bedroom didn’t help. I’m going to take down my mesh network to see if that fixes the issue. Not that that’s a good solution, but I’m curious if I can isolate the problem.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Alright I might have solved the issue. This morning I renamed all of my harmony hubs. I removed the word hub from the back of them. I’m not sure if this was the issue, but things for the last few hours have been up and running. It definitely is more stable than it was the other day. I’ll monitor it and if things stay up for 24 hours I’ll close this. Thanks guys for the help!

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Hoobs ran for just over 24 hours without problems. Now it’s crashing again every few hours. I’m guessing it’s the harmony plugin. Now when I restart hoobs it’s re-adding all of the hubs in HomeKit again as new hubs. The original hubs in HomeKit show as no response and I have to remove them. So I’m constantly having to re-update all of my automation.

Here is what I got for the crash:

5/25/2020, 9:50:41 PM [Basement TV] INFO - starting hub discovery 5/25/2020, 9:50:42 PM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running at healthCheck (dgram.js:902:11) at Socket.send (dgram.js:627:3) at Ping.emit (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:25:15) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7) 5/25/2020, 9:50:42 PM Got SIGTERM, shutting down Bridge... 5/25/2020, 9:50:42 PM [Basement TV] INFO - shutdown 5/25/2020, 9:50:43 PM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running at healthCheck (dgram.js:902:11) at Socket.send (dgram.js:627:3) at Ping.emit (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:25:15) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7) 5/25/2020, 9:50:44 PM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running at healthCheck (dgram.js:902:11) at Socket.send (dgram.js:627:3) at Ping.emit (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:25:15) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7) 5/25/2020, 9:50:45 PM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running at healthCheck (dgram.js:902:11) at Socket.send (dgram.js:627:3) at Ping.emit (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:25:15) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Any ideas on this? I’m still having to reboot at least twice a day. Probably more but I’m not monitoring it as much.

Here is what I’m getting:

5/30/2020, 7:53:09 AM [Basement TV] (Guest Bedroom TV)WARNING - socket closed 5/30/2020, 7:53:19 AM [Basement TV] INFO - starting hub discovery 5/30/2020, 7:53:20 AM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running at healthCheck (dgram.js:902:11) at Socket.send (dgram.js:627:3) at Ping.emit (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:25:15) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7) 5/30/2020, 7:53:20 AM Got SIGTERM, shutting down Bridge... 5/30/2020, 7:53:20 AM [Basement TV] INFO - shutdown 5/30/2020, 7:53:21 AM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running at healthCheck (dgram.js:902:11) at Socket.send (dgram.js:627:3) at Ping.emit (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:25:15) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7) 5/30/2020, 7:53:22 AM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running at healthCheck (dgram.js:902:11) at Socket.send (dgram.js:627:3) at Ping.emit (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:25:15) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7) 5/30/2020, 7:53:23 AM Error [ERR_SOCKET_DGRAM_NOT_RUNNING]: Not running at healthCheck (dgram.js:902:11) at Socket.send (dgram.js:627:3) at Ping.emit (/home/hoobs/.hoobs/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:25:15) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39875842 weixin_39875842 5月前

This issue has been automatically marked as stale because it has not had recent activity. It will be closed if no further activity occurs. Thank you for your contributions.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Still having the issue. How long is hoobs supposed to stay running for normally? I would think it would stay up until someone would want to take it down.

Is there a work around for this? Meaning if the service stops is there a way to have it automatically restart?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

So I think I might have a better understanding of the issue. I was watching tv the other night and I noticed my harmony hub had randomly disconnected from the network. Given I have four of them, I’m wondering if when they disconnect that’s when I get the WebSocket error. Would this make sense? If so, does anyone have any ideas why they would randomly disconnect? I’m using xfinities xfi7 router. I had the same problem with the xfi6.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39875842 weixin_39875842 5月前

This issue has been automatically marked as stale because it has not had recent activity. It will be closed if no further activity occurs. Thank you for your contributions.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

So I believe I have solved the issue. I was using the hub names for the harmony plugin, which were correct, but for some reason it kept causing websocket disconnect issues multiple times a day. I switched my hubs over to dedicated IP addresses and switched the plugin to use dedicated IP addresses. Since I’ve done that I have not had issues with Hoobs crashing. It has remained on for days without issues. Not sure what was wrong, but something was closing the websocket connection it seems when I was using the hub names.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I think this is coming from the Harmony plugin. I know the new SmartThings plugin uses sockets too, so maybe the two plugins were fighting.

I found better luck with the older SmartThings plugin, seems more stable.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐