weixin_39964978
weixin_39964978
2020-12-04 13:19

Arm compilation

Enable liboqs to compile on ARM64 platforms and Android

Summary: - Compilation on ARM64 platforms - Assembly optimizations for SIDH key exchange algorithms from official SIDH 2.0 library - Configure wrapper script for Android cross-compilation

Sponsored by Sectra Communications

该提问来源于开源项目:open-quantum-safe/liboqs

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

4条回答

• weixin_39964978 weixin_39964978 5月前

No problem Douglas! This is pull request enables two somewhat separate features (ARMv8 (cross)compilation and Android compilation). Both parts are a bit tricky to test properly in this case. The ARM part requires ARM environment to run, which can be problematic due absence of proper support. As for the Android part, it looks like Travis requires gradle and there is no apparent support for NDK.

However both can be (and were) cross-compiled from a normal Linux box. Android may require NDK toolchain though. The only real difference that I came across when compiling C for Android is the lack of stderr and the mandatory -pie flag to run the executable.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39808893 weixin_39808893 5月前

Hi Vladimir! Thanks for this -- it will be great to have our library building on ARM too. I am travelling over the next few days but we will look at it next week and try to get it merged.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39964978 weixin_39964978 5月前

Sounds good! Hope that everything is satisfactory

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39808893 weixin_39808893 5月前

Thanks very much Vladimir! I was wondering if you have any idea how we can add this Android build to our continuous integration system. We use Travis for Linux and macOS build testing and AppVeyor for Windows build testing. Do you know if there's anything similar for Android? Or maybe Travis Linux builds can cross compile for Android? Something like that will help us check that we don't break the Android builds going forward.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐