weixin_39689870
weixin_39689870
2020-12-05 15:26

Elements list dialog box improvements

Reported by blindbhavya on 2014-07-12 14:00 In this ticket I will mention all the improvements that can be made in the Elements list dialog box. 1. ability to filter other elements Currently only three or four Internet elements can be shown in the Type option in the Elements list dialog box. All other common and uncommon elements should be available in that Type grouping option. 2 User should be able to use Ctrl Home & Ctrl End in the list of selected elements. 3 The Type grouping option should have the elements in form of check boxes, so that two or more elements can be included in one list. Hope these features will be added.

该提问来源于开源项目:nvaccess/nvda

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

4条回答

• weixin_39689870 weixin_39689870 5月前

Comment 1 by blindbhavya on 2014-07-13 14:10 Hey! No one has commented yet! Please can someone become this ticket's owner and add these features? Another addition to this list: In the Elements list dialog box, a link is said as link level 0. What is this level 0 and why is it there? Please reply!!!

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39689870 weixin_39689870 5月前

Comment 2 by jteh (in reply to comment description) on 2014-07-14 01:08 Replying to blindbhavya:

In this ticket I will mention all the improvements that can be made in the Elements list dialog box.

Ideally, these should probably be separate tickets. For now, we'll discuss them here.

1. ability to filter other elements

Currently only three or four Internet elements can be shown in the Type option in the Elements list dialog box. All other common and uncommon elements should be available in that Type grouping option.

I believe this has been discussed before (and there's possibly even a ticket for it). It'd be good to know of use cases where this is actually a major efficiency benefit. Why would you need to, for example, see a list of form fields? If you're filling in a form, you'd use quick navigation to move to the form and then fill it in from there.

2 User should be able to use Ctrl Home & Ctrl End in the list of selected elements.

That's non-standard for a tree view. You can already use home and end.

3 The Type grouping option should have the elements in form of check boxes, so that two or more elements can be included in one list.

Again, please provide use cases; why is this useful, etc. Also, how would you distinguish between the element types? How would you manage the hierarchy if you had links, headings and landmarks in the same list? If you had a heading level 1 inside a landmark and a heading level 1 outside a landmark, they would have to be at two different levels in the hierarchy, which doesn't make sense. The complexity of this starts to suggest it'd be easier to just use the Find dialog to find the text you're looking for.

Regarding no one commenting, there is a huge amount of other work to be done. As to someone doing the work, it will be taken if/when we/someone else believes it has sufficient priority. At least as I see it, this is pretty low priority.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39646018 weixin_39646018 5月前

I have no justification to back my suggested improvements. Also, is already working on adding some more elements to the Elements List dialog. The only concern I still have, which may be more of an enquiry that too, is why Level 0 is spoken for links in the Elements List dialog. As long as someone can clarify whether that is a valid bug or intended information, I am happy for this to be closed. Never mind the brutally straightforward and somewhat non-cooperative 12-year-old me you met as blindbhavya. :)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39713763 weixin_39713763 5月前

The level 0 weirdness is covered by #7142. Additional elements list types are covered by #6131. Given that this addresses all outstanding issues here, closing as duplicate.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐