• 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

4条回答

• weixin_39842611 weixin_39842611 5月前

Also i have a question about recognizing 'illegal hacks'

I have one hack that pretty much turns the No-intro version of Tsumi to Batsu - Hoshi no Keishousha (Japan) for the N64 to Sin and Punishment - Successor of the Earth for the virtual console.

This (soft) patch was made by extracting the VC rom and making a patch after byte swapping to the right byte order, and is obviously illegal to distribute, but unlike the patch on romhacking for this game it isn't a emulator specific texture replacement hack-job.

Anyway i expected that virtual console roms would be already represented by no-intro but this doesn't seem to be the case. Can i add this to the hacks of Nintendo 64 and what format should its name follow?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39750195 weixin_39750195 5月前

You can distribute the hashes, just not the binary.

https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database/blob/master/metadat/hacks/Nintendo%20-%20Nintendo%2064.dat would be a good place for the N64 ones.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39750195 weixin_39750195 5月前

Looks good!

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39842611 weixin_39842611 5月前

Well there are some problems here, including a confusion between using 3 digits or two for the language code. I'll probably fix it later to use 2 digits.

Right now i'm doing a script that will allow me to scan my whole collection of nes+snes+megadrive and do those all at once in different PRs.

I needs a file with the 'vVersion-number readme.txt' and a link to romhacking.net inside (i did this on my collection) and then it'll scrap out the 'real' hack name, the author, language and the patch version (to compare to local version and give a warning if not matching), then it patches the roms with the softpatch on the dir, then creates dat entries to file. That should allow me to get all of them or nearly.

It only doesn't work too well with the description (becomes generic), and two or more hacks applied, the md5sum is correct but only the first hack is shown. I hope that's acceptable.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐