weixin_39540271
weixin_39540271
2020-12-09 00:47

WINE not on path when using protontricks

When attempting to use protontricks to install either foss_corefonts or corefonts (protontricks 644560 foss_corefonts) I recieve this output:

[INFO] Found Steam directory at /home/user/.steam/steam. You can also define Steam directory manually using $STEAM_DIR
[INFO] Winetricks path is set to /home/user/Downloads/protontricks/winetricks
[INFO] Found proton version 3.7. You can also define the proton version manually using $PROTON_VERSION
[INFO] WINESERVER environment variable is not available Setting WINESERVER environment variable to proton bundled version
[INFO] Found 0 Steam library folders
[INFO] Found the prefix directory at /home/user/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/644560/pfx
------------------------------------------------------
WINE is /home/user/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Proton 3.7/dist/bin/wine, which is neither on the path nor an executable file
------------------------------------------------------

The fonts don't get installed and as a result, the game is not displaying the needed texts. I've installed wine, winetricks and have steam setup properly to use proton.

该提问来源于开源项目:Sirmentio/protontricks

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

4条回答

• weixin_39826809 weixin_39826809 5月前

The newest version of Winetricks is here on Github, if you installed the one provided by your OS (like I did at first) it's probably out of date. https://github.com/Winetricks/winetricks

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39978282 weixin_39978282 5月前

Had this same problem and running the command manually revealed the following error message: 00b3:err:esync:esync_init Server is running with WINEESYNC but this process is not, please enable WINEESYNC or restart wineserver.

WINEESYNC=1 protontricks ... did the trick, but killall wineserver would probably work as well and be more reliable. Or not, I'm not exactly sure. :P

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39634985 weixin_39634985 5月前

To be sure.

kill -SIGHUP $(pgrep wineserver)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39619481 weixin_39619481 5月前

I think the answers given here are suitable, I think, trying a newer version of winetricks could work.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐