weixin_39918248
weixin_39918248
2020-12-09 02:30

cmd/occollector: TChannel used by jaeger-agent (default port: 14267) to send spans is not working

The endpoint used by the jaeger-agent to send to send spans in jaeger.thrift format is not working. The fix itself is trivial, just need to properly name the channel (change it to "jaeger-collector" and register a handler for the jaeger spans on the TChannel server - writing proper tests shouldn't be hard.

golang
        tch, terr := tchannel.NewChannel("jaeger-collector", new(tchannel.ChannelOptions)) // 

The jaeger-agent also can send Zipkin data via this channel. If we want that capability we should do it as a separate issue.

/cc

该提问来源于开源项目:census-instrumentation/opencensus-service

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

5条回答

• weixin_40003478 weixin_40003478 5月前

Thank you for filing and prescribing the fix for this !

I noticed this issue too early morning as I was writing https://github.com/census-instrumentation/opencensus-service/compare/jaeger-agent however wasn't sure of the root cause and was flooded with other stuff.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Actually this seems like a regression that we should prioritize, I recall this working before.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Nevermind, I went through the tests but didn't see our usage of the Thrift collector port 14267, we instead used 14268.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39917090 weixin_39917090 5月前

I am going to repeat my earlier warning - we're planning to deprecate and remove TChannel soon. jaeger-collector now has a gRPC endpoint.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I am going to repeat my earlier warning - we're planning to deprecate and remove TChannel soon. jaeger-collector now has a gRPC endpoint.

gotcha and thank you! We are aiming to have as much compatibility as possible since people deploying these systems might be using even the earliest versions of Jaeger so we can basically support all versions for maximum compatibility for the interceptors/receivers.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐