weixin_39942572
weixin_39942572
2020-12-09 03:05

linuxdeploy + generating appimage + ubuntu 16.04 = core dump

I have the problem with generating AppImage application for very simple program. In Ubuntu 16.04 LTS it crashes with segmentation fault. I tested it also in Ubuntu 18.10 and the same app works just fine. For a greater insight I provide the app source that can be used to reproduce the error: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qYIHfT4BzBrUGhLL3Vv8pxeI-bnTb-3v File errors.txt contains the output of strace command. Use build_app_dir.sh to compile and make AppDir for AppImage (in ./build/AppDir). Use build_app_image.sh to generate AppImage file. This script results with core dump in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS while In 18.10 works properly.

I have to mention that I also tried to build the latest linuxdeploy and AppImage plugin from sources and outputed binaries also results with core dump.

该提问来源于开源项目:linuxdeploy/linuxdeploy

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

4条回答

• weixin_39634351 weixin_39634351 5月前

--executable=tut seems unnecessary, it's probably installed already by your make install call. I have no time to try it myself now. Can you provide a non-strace log please?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39942572 weixin_39942572 5月前

executable=tut is required by --create-desktop-file option, if ommited causes error: ` linuxdeploy version 1-alpha (git commit ID 5c3a51f), Travis build 365 built on 2019-04-06 03:14:36 UTC

-- Creating basic AppDir structure -- Creating directory AppDir/usr/bin/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/lib/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/applications/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/

-- Deploying dependencies for existing files in AppDir -- Deploying dependencies for ELF file AppDir/usr/bin/tut Skipping deployment of blacklisted library /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 Skipping deployment of blacklisted library /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

-- Copying files into AppDir -- Setting rpath in ELF file AppDir/usr/bin/tut to $ORIGIN/../lib

-- Deploying icons -- Deploying icon ../tut.png WARNING: Could not find copyright files for file ../tut.png using dpkg-query

-- Copying files into AppDir -- Copying file ../tut.png to AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/tut.png ERROR: --create-desktop-file requires at least one executable to be passed `

Non strace output is presented below: ` linuxdeploy version 1-alpha (git commit ID 5c3a51f), Travis build 365 built on 2019-04-06 03:14:36 UTC

-- Creating basic AppDir structure -- Creating directory AppDir/usr/bin/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/lib/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/applications/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/ Creating directory AppDir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/

-- Deploying dependencies for existing files in AppDir -- Deploying dependencies for ELF file AppDir/usr/bin/tut Skipping deployment of blacklisted library /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 Skipping deployment of blacklisted library /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

-- Deploying executables -- Deploying executable tut Aborted (core dumped) `

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39942572 weixin_39942572 5月前

You are right! That was the case. The tut binary was not found on the path and it has caused the errors. I created my own desktop file in AppDir/usr/share/applications/ directory and issued command: ../linuxdeploy-x86_64.AppImage --appdir AppDir --output appimage and everything processed just fine and AppImage was created successfully.

Thanks for Your help.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39634351 weixin_39634351 5月前

Cannot reproduce this. I don't think it's worth investing more time. Closing, can be reopened at any time if needed.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐