weixin_39849548
weixin_39849548
2020-12-09 05:46

investigate difference in net get from generation_eia923 vs generation_fuel_eia923 tables

gen table = generation_eia923 gen_fuel = generation_fuel_eia923

I assume this is all a vestige of reporting requirements.

• is gf always bigger? It is nearly always bigger.
  • when both tables are grouped at the plant/year level and merged together, the net gen in the gen_fuel table is larger or = in 87% of the records
  • 85% of the "missing" net gen (net gen that doesn't show up in in the gen table) is from plants that just don't show up in the gen table at all image
  • what is the scale of the difference?
  • 58% of the net gen reported in the gen_fuel is reported in the gen table
  • About 9% of plants have records which both have data in both tables and have a non-zero difference between the net gen.
  • does it change over time?
  • It looks like it gets much cleaner after 2014 (i know, i know this graph is very ugly) image.png stacked version: image.png
  • how often are the missing gens different PMs?
  • % of plants w/ gen v gen_fuel diff that have >1 prime mover: 91.39%
  • % of plants for which the generators missing from the gen table are all only one prime_move_code: 92.07%

该提问来源于开源项目:catalyst-cooperative/pudl

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

6条回答

• weixin_39849548 weixin_39849548 5月前

Hm.. well, no. That was only the plants which had some reporting to the gen table. I remade it w/ a note.. and made the second w/ all of the missing net gen. Maybe it is going up over these last few years due to more gas on the system?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

(I don't have a few years of old data in my db right now for some reason)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39720510 eternal? 5月前

Okay great, so it seems like the overwhelming majority of the issue here is the lack of combustion turbine reporting prior to May 2014.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

It is kinda hard to see in one graph: image

But here they are broken out by these chunks of time: image image

It doesn't entirely go to zero post-2014, but more is less.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I was thinking just a line plot, with time on the x axis, and ratio on the y axis.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Have you made a plot of the annual ratio of generation reported in one table vs the other? Or even the monthly ratio, since these numbers are reported monthly? Like does it go to ~1.0 in 2014 when the combustion turbines start reporting?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐