weixin_39674293
weixin_39674293
2020-12-25 18:41

I met a problem when use VCS to do Gate Level Simulation

context: I want to use VCS to do a Gate Level Simulation on chipyard; so I replace the top file"freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig.top.v " with netlist file. And I use the system task"$sdf_annotate" in "freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig.harness.v".But when I "make" in "vcs" file , the error appeared:

/home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/bin/vcs: line 8256: 73552 Killed /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/bin/vcs1 -Mcc=gcc -Mcplusplus=g++ -Masflags= -Mcfl=' -pipe -fPIC -I/home/lh/RV-installation/rocket-tool/include -I/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/tools/DRAMSim2 -std=c++11 -O -I/home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/include ' -Mxcflags=' -pipe -fPIC -I/home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/include' -Mldflags=" -Wl,--no-as-needed -rdynamic -Wl,-E " -Mout=/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/simv-freechips.rocketchip.system-GemminiAcceleratorConfig -Mamsrun="" -Mvcsaceobjs="" -Mobjects=" /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/lib/libvirsim.so /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/lib/liberrorinf.so /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/lib/libsnpsmalloc.so /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/verdi/share/PLI/VCS/LINUXAMD64/pli.a /home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/tools/DRAMSim2/libdramsim.a /home/lh/RV-installation/rocket-tool/lib/libfesvr.a " -Mexternalobj="" -Msaverestoreobj=/home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/lib/vcs_save_restore_new.o -Mcrt0="" -Mcrtn="" -Mcsrc="" -Msyslibs="-ldl -lm " -full64 -Xnotice=1 -line -P /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/verdi/share/PLI/VCS/LINUXAMD64/novas.tab +lint=all,noVCDE,noONGS,noUI -error=PCWM-L -error=noZMMCM -timescale=1ns/10ps -q -q +v2k +vcs+lic+wait +notimingchecks +nospecify +vc+list +systemverilogext+.sv+.svi+.svh+.svt -assert svaext +libext+.sv +v2k +verilog2001ext+.v95+.vt+.vp +libext+.v -Xcbug=0x1 -Xpiyushb1=0x80 +libext+.v +define+VCS +define+CLOCK_PERIOD=1.0 +define+MEM_INIT_ZERO +define+RESET_DELAY=777.7 +define+PRINTF_COND=TestDriver.printf_cond +define+STOP_COND=!TestDriver.reset +define+RANDOMIZE_MEM_INIT +define+RANDOMIZE_REG_INIT +define+RANDOMIZE_GARBAGE_ASSIGN +define+RANDOMIZE_INVALID_ASSIGN -o /home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/simv-freechips.rocketchip.system-GemminiAcceleratorConfig -Xcbug=0x1 -Xpiyushb1=0x80 -picarchive +vcsd +itf+/home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/lib/vcsdp.tab +cli+1 -debug=4 +memcbk +rad -sverilog +vpi -gen_obj -f /home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/generated-src/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig/sim_files.common.f +incdir+/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/generated-src/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig "/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v" "/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/generated-src/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig.harness.v" "/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/mem-lib/SZAA55_2048X8X2CM8b1.v" "/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/mem-lib/SZAA55_2048X8X4CM8b1.v" "/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/generated-src/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig.harness.mems.v" -v /home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbh_sdf30.v -v /home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbl_sdf30.v -v /home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v Makefile:50: recipe for target '/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/simv-freechips.rocketchip.system-GemminiAcceleratorConfig' failed make: *** [/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/simv-freechips.rocketchip.system-GemminiAcceleratorConfig] Error 137

该提问来源于开源项目:ucb-bar/chipyard

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

4条回答

• weixin_39533307 weixin_39533307 4月前

There isn't enough information here. Is there another error message? What technology are you using to synthesize the design? You could consider using Hammer in the vlsi directory to run synthesis and then the gate level simulation.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39674293 weixin_39674293 4月前

There isn't enough information here. Is there another error message? What technology are you using to synthesize the design? You could consider using Hammer in the vlsi directory to run synthesis and then the gate level simulation.

Thanks for your reply! I used DC to get the netlist file. And after getting the file,I changed the variable "sim_vsrcs" in /home/lh/chipyard/variable.mk, with replacing the $(TOP_FILE) by using the netlist file, and removing $(TOP_SMEMS_FILE). Besides, I added the process library file to the VCS_NONCC_OPTS in /home/lh/chipyard/vcs.mk. After, I run "make" in /home/lh/chipyard/sims/vcs/,when the verilog sources are compiled, I use ctrl z to terminate the program.And I use $sdf_annotate("sdf file name",testDriver.testHarness.ldut); to annotate in file TestDriver.v. Finally , I run "make" again in /home/lh/chipyard/sims/vcs/, and it faited. Because I don't quite understand how to do Gate-level simulation. So if you understand it ,can you teach me? I have the netlist file ,sdf file and process library file. Thank you very much!

The following is the error message:

Lint-[VNGS] Variable never gets set
    /home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 35042
      Following variable has never been set any value.
      Source info: notifier

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 35097

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 35152

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 35207

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 35262

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 35475

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 36215

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 36281

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 36347

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 36413

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 36564

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 36649

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 36885

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 37082

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 38143

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 38504

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 38676

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 45116

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 45193

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 45270

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 45347

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 45424

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 45655

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 45732

/home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v, 45809

Lint-[PCTIO-L] Ports coerced to inout
    /home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 15322524
    "io_adder_out"
      Port "io_adder_out" declared as output in module "ALU" may need to be inout.
      Coercing to inout.

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 14043866
    "io_out_0"
      Port "io_out_0" declared as output in module "MaxPeriodFibonacciLFSR_0" may 
      need to be inout. Coercing to inout.

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 14043867
    "io_out_1"
      Port "io_out_1" declared as output in module "MaxPeriodFibonacciLFSR_0" may 

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 226474
    "io_out_0"
      Port "io_out_0" declared as output in module "MaxPeriodFibonacciLFSR_1" may 

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 226475
    "io_out_1"
      Port "io_out_1" declared as output in module "MaxPeriodFibonacciLFSR_1" may 

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 139511
    "io_idle"
      Port "io_idle" declared as output in module "TLBroadcastTracker_3" may need 
      to be inout. Coercing to inout.

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 138015
    "io_idle"
      Port "io_idle" declared as output in module "TLBroadcastTracker_2" may need 

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 136465
    "io_idle"
      Port "io_idle" declared as output in module "TLBroadcastTracker_1" may need 

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 134934
    "io_idle"
      Port "io_idle" declared as output in module "TLBroadcastTracker" may need to
      be inout. Coercing to inout.

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 126165
    "auto_axi4yank_out_aw_bits_size"
      Port "auto_axi4yank_out_aw_bits_size" declared as output in module 
      "SimpleLazyModule_11" may need to be inout. Coercing to inout.

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 126183
    "auto_axi4yank_out_ar_bits_size"
      Port "auto_axi4yank_out_ar_bits_size" declared as output in module 
      "SimpleLazyModule_11" may need to be inout. Coercing to inout.

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 123551
    "auto_out_aw_bits_size"
      Port "auto_out_aw_bits_size" declared as output in module "TLToAXI4" may 

/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v, 123575
    "auto_out_ar_bits_size"
      Port "auto_out_ar_bits_size" declared as output in module "TLToAXI4" may 

/home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/bin/vcs: line 8256: 79247 Killed                  /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/bin/vcs1 -Mcc=gcc -Mcplusplus=g++ -Masflags= -Mcfl=' -pipe -fPIC -I/home/lh/RV-installation/rocket-tool/include -I/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/tools/DRAMSim2 -std=c++11 -O -I/home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/include ' -Mxcflags=' -pipe -fPIC -I/home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/include' -Mldflags=" -Wl,--no-as-needed -rdynamic -Wl,-E " -Mout=/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/simv-freechips.rocketchip.system-GemminiAcceleratorConfig -Mamsrun="" -Mvcsaceobjs="" -Mobjects=" /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/lib/libvirsim.so /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/lib/liberrorinf.so /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/lib/libsnpsmalloc.so /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/verdi/share/PLI/VCS/LINUXAMD64/pli.a /home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/tools/DRAMSim2/libdramsim.a /home/lh/RV-installation/rocket-tool/lib/libfesvr.a " -Mexternalobj="" -Msaverestoreobj=/home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/lib/vcs_save_restore_new.o -Mcrt0="" -Mcrtn="" -Mcsrc="" -Msyslibs="-ldl -lm " -full64 -Xnotice=1 -line -P /home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/verdi/share/PLI/VCS/LINUXAMD64/novas.tab +lint=all,noVCDE,noONGS,noUI -error=PCWM-L -error=noZMMCM -timescale=1ns/10ps -q -q +v2k +vcs+lic+wait +notimingchecks +nospecify +vc+list +systemverilogext+.sv+.svi+.svh+.svt -assert svaext +libext+.sv +v2k +verilog2001ext+.v95+.vt+.vp +libext+.v -Xcbug=0x1 -Xpiyushb1=0x80 +libext+.v +define+VCS +define+CLOCK_PERIOD=1.0 +define+MEM_INIT_ZERO +define+RESET_DELAY=777.7 +define+PRINTF_COND=TestDriver.printf_cond +define+STOP_COND=!TestDriver.reset +define+RANDOMIZE_MEM_INIT +define+RANDOMIZE_REG_INIT +define+RANDOMIZE_GARBAGE_ASSIGN +define+RANDOMIZE_INVALID_ASSIGN -o /home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/simv-freechips.rocketchip.system-GemminiAcceleratorConfig -Xcbug=0x1 -Xpiyushb1=0x80 -picarchive +vcsd +itf+/home/lh/synopsys/anzhuang/vcs/linux64/lib/vcsdp.tab +cli+1 -debug=4 +memcbk +rad -sverilog +vpi -gen_obj -f /home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/generated-src/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig/sim_files.common.f +incdir+/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/generated-src/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig "/home/lh/netlist/ExampleRocketSystem_sta.v" "/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/generated-src/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig.harness.v" "/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/mem-lib/SZAA55_2048X8X2CM8b1.v" "/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/mem-lib/SZAA55_2048X8X4CM8b1.v" "/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/generated-src/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig/freechips.rocketchip.system.TestHarness.GemminiAcceleratorConfig.harness.mems.v" -v /home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbh_sdf30.v -v /home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbl_sdf30.v -v /home/lh/netlist/u055lscspmvbbr_sdf30.v
    Makefile:50: recipe for target '/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/simv-freechips.rocketchip.system-GemminiAcceleratorConfig' failed
    make: *** [/home/lh/ai-chip/chipyard/sims/vcs/simv-freechips.rocketchip.system-GemminiAcceleratorConfig] Error 137

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39831705 weixin_39831705 4月前

The Killed sometimes indicates out of memory error.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39674293 weixin_39674293 4月前

The Killed sometimes indicates out of memory error.

Thank you very much!This problem was solved after I added memory. And it appeared some new errors,I think this is due to my lack of knowledge of the Gate-level simulation

点赞 评论 复制链接分享