weixin_39742568
weixin_39742568
2020-12-26 01:09

add utf8 validation checks to incoming metrics

We decided to consolidate both UTF8 and Invalid Tag validation into one. It is now called InvalidInput. This will break a few things, including deployments that use reject-invalid-tags. That option no longer exists, now it is just called reject-invalid-input, with a default of true.

For dashboards, the old metric ...metricdata.discarded.invalid_tag no longer exists. It is now called ...metricdata.discarded.invalid_input. Dashboards will need to be updated.

Closes: #1728

该提问来源于开源项目:grafana/metrictank

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

4条回答

• weixin_39742568 weixin_39742568 4月前

I would still like to add some more unit tests, but I feel pretty confident with this approach

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

We are going to change this behavior and instead of using two flags, just use one. I will refactor this to add the discussed changes.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39603217 weixin_39603217 4月前

Looks good with one comment. I think this should be considered a breaking change, because the previously existing setting reject-invalid-tags isn't recognized anymore. So there should be a mention of the change in the "Breaking Changes" section of the CHANGELOG.md

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Looks good with one comment. I think this should be considered a breaking change, because the previously existing setting reject-invalid-tags isn't recognized anymore. So there should be a mention of the change in the "Breaking Changes" section of the CHANGELOG.md

Yes, I was planning on doing that in a separate PR after I have a new version number to use.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐