weixin_39629679
weixin_39629679
2020-12-27 20:33

Automatic cleartext blocklist refresh

It might be useful to have automatic blocklist updates for the cleartext blocklist like we do for the hashed version. This would make it easier for many people, especially those working in teams, to update the blocklist.

Want to back this issue? Post a bounty on it! We accept bounties via Bountysource.

该提问来源于开源项目:tor2web/Tor2web

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

7条回答

• weixin_39629679 weixin_39629679 4月前

I actually tried the single line change on OnionLink but it does not work because the block_list variable needs to be updated. If we refresh the blocklist_cleartext list instead, we would also need to do a daemon reload (since load_lists() needs to be called in order to import the contents of blocklist_cleartext into block_list). So it might require a little more work to update block_list after blocklist_cleartext is updated.

Or maybe we can use the config.automatic_blocklist_updates_refresh setting to implement a looping call on load_lists itself, which would allow all blocklists to be updated each time?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39747293 weixin_39747293 4月前

right; we should eventually implement this chaining effect.

let's wait whatt the others would say anyhow of such a feature.

are you already planning to have multiple servers using this?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

and what blocks you to simply use distribute hashed lists?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I agree, we need to find out if there are others who would benefit from this feature.

Hashed lists work fine for us as far as functionality is concerned. However if two or more people manage the blocklist, maintaining one in cleartext is much more convenient.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

i see your point ; you mean fetching it from a remote source right?

i would find critical starting sharing that publicly links to blocked contents. you do not think so?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Making the cleartext blocklist public is definitely a bad idea. But we can easily host a cleartext blocklist somewhere privately or even on localhost.

Is it possible to provide an easier way to update the blocklist, or block new URLs?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I find it risky but that would be eventually a one line change doing at line https://github.com/globaleaks/Tor2web/blob/master/tor2web/t2w.py#L96 the same done at line https://github.com/globaleaks/Tor2web/blob/master/tor2web/t2w.py#L89

what do you think?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐