weixin_39660408
weixin_39660408
2020-12-28 10:58

TS 6.2 Disconnect from vmview leads to empty desktop

Hello. I have the issue about disconnect from the vmview client 5.2. In former versions (4.10 for example) "Disconnect" and "Disconnect and Log off" buttons had same result: a window "Click yes to reconnect". Now retains this behavior "Disconnect and Log off" button only. The "Disconnect" button leads to empty desktop without any possibility to return. The same happens if click to x button in upper right corner - it's a new feature in the Horizon client. IMG_20191002_102842 I think that all these cases should be handled the same way. The user should not see an empty desktop. It should always see "Click yes to reconnect" window when going out from vmview client.

该提问来源于开源项目:Thinstation/thinstation

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

8条回答

• weixin_39736379 weixin_39736379 4月前

I can not confirm this behaviour with client 5.2. After the x it takes some seconds, but the reconnect button comes up.

As we do have a vmvware-Horizon icon on the desktop itś easy for the user, a second way. We are using the --once option also, so that a new login is necessary.

This are the settings: VMVIEW_AUTOCONNECT=TRUE VMVIEW_SSLVERIFYMODE=1 VMVIEW_DEFAULTBROKER=View01.Myserver.de

SESSION_1_ICON=ON SESSION_1_TITLE="HORIZON" SESSION_1_TYPE=vmview SESSION_1_AUTOSTART=ON

SESSION_1_VMVIEW_FULLSCREEN=True SESSION_1_VMVIEW_ONCE=True

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39660408 weixin_39660408 4月前

Thank you for reply. My settings in build file: SESSION_1_TYPE=vmview SESSION_1_AUTOSTART=on SESSION_1_VMVIEW_FULLSCREEN=true SESSION_1_VMVIEW_ONCE=true VMVIEW_DEFAULTBROKER=vdi.server.name

Also I have view-preferences file in ../packages/vmview/etc/skel/.vmware: view.autoConnectBroker = "TRUE" view.sslVerificationMode = "2" view.defaultBroker = "vdi.server.name" view.once = "TRUE" view.autoConnectDesktop = "TRUE" view.enableH264 = "FALSE" view.autoHideToolbar = "TRUE" view.defaultDomain = "domain.name"

I waited half an hour after closing session, and nothing come up. Moreover I set SESSION_1_ICON=ON and see no icon on the desktop. Can you explain how it work?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39736379 weixin_39736379 4月前

I have not changed something in the packages/vmview folder. Iḿ using xfwm windows manager. Attached my configs. For view only the settings as I posted before.

thinstation.conf.buildtime.txt build.conf.txt

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I see the difference: you have RECONNECT_PROMPT=ON option. I added this option and had this behavior: 1. "Disconnect" button leads to the vmview main window. 2. "Disconnect and Log off" button leads to the vmview main window. 3. X button leads to "Click yes to reconnect" menu. 4. Logoff from Windows client leads to the vmview main window.

Then I changed option to RECONNECT_PROMPT=MENU: 1. "Disconnect" button leads to desktop. No "Click yes to reconnect" menu showed. 2. "Disconnect and Log off" button leads to the vmview main window. 3. X button leads to desktop. No "Click yes to reconnect" menu showed. 4. Logoff from Windows client leads to the vmview main window.

It's strange that I can't go back to my initial state (without reconnect option), may be I should clean chroot.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Ok, built a new chroot with latest changes (from yesterday).

4.10 vmview client: 1. "Disconnect" -> reconnect prompt. 2. "Disconnect and Log off" -> reconnect prompt. 3. X button -> reconnect prompt. 4. Logoff from Windows vmview machine -> reconnect prompt.

5.2 vmview client: 1. "Disconnect" -> desktop. 2. "Disconnect and Log off" -> desktop. 3. X button -> desktop. 4. Logoff from Windows vmview machine -> desktop.

Here is my thinstation config file:

AUDIO_LEVEL=90
    MIC_LEVEL=0
    SESSION_0_TYPE=icewm
    SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=on
    SESSION_1_TYPE=vmview
    SESSION_1_AUTOSTART=on
    SESSION_1_VMVIEW_FULLSCREEN=true
    SESSION_1_VMVIEW_ONCE=true
    SESSION_1_ICON=ON
    HIDE_CONTROLS=true
    ICONS_CUT_SIZES="256x256 scalable"
    TIME_ZONE=Asia/Yekaterinburg
    TFTP_BLOCKSIZE=1024
    BIND_MOUNT0="storage:/mnt/storage"
    STORAGE_CONFIG1=/mnt/storage
    USB_STORAGE_SYNC=on
    LOCALE=en_US

VMVIEW_DEFAULTBROKER=vdi.server.loc
    VMVIEW_AUTOCONNECT=TRUE
    X_NUMLOCK=ON

# RECONNECT_PROMPT=MENU
    # RECONNECT_PROMPT=ON

# XKEYBOARD="us,ru"
    # X_KEYBOARD_OPTION1="XkbModel pc105"
    # X_KEYBOARD_OPTION1="XkbLayout us,ru"
    # X_KEYBOARD_OPTION3="XkbOptions grp:ctrl_shift_toggle"

SET_RESOLUTION_MULTIMONITOR_EXPAND='left'
    SET_RESOLUTION_MULTIMONITOR_AUTOSCALE='scale'

NET_USE=BOTH
    NET_USE_DHCP=on
    NET_HOSTNAME=ts_*
    NET_LINKWAIT=20
    NET_DHCP_DELAY=20
    NET_DHCP_TIMEOUT=10
    NET_FILE_ENABLED=On
    NET_FILE_METHOD=tftp
    NET_TIME_SERVER=192.168.1.1
    NET_REMOTE_ACCESS_FROM="0.0.0.0"

After that I took a 's config and got the same results. The only difference is that rohrbachger have the icons on desktop and start-stop button. Without those button you cannot shutdown your thin client now.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39601194 weixin_39601194 4月前

I see that you have reconnect prompt # commented out. Is it enabled somewhere else?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39601194 weixin_39601194 4月前

Also maybe make sure you have fullsize bash installed. Some advanced dialog code might need "bashisms" to work.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I see that you have reconnect prompt # commented out. Is it enabled somewhere else?

I built thinstation image several times. Maybe I lost reconnect prompt in config. Further I added RECONNECT_PROMPT=ON to my config.

Also maybe make sure you have fullsize bash installed. Some advanced dialog code might need "bashisms" to work.

I have bash installed. Let's go back to the first message.

Here is an example of my actions. I press several times the Disconnect and Log off button, and every time I have reconnect prompt. After that I press "Disconnect" button and have no reconnect prompt. After that I can't call reconnect prompt any way. The same thing happens if I press X button.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享