weixin_39796238
weixin_39796238
2020-12-29 13:21

kOS refuses to let go on CPU poweroff.

To recreate:

Make a program that does this at any point during a flight:

LOCK STEERING TO UP.
wait 1000.

Then run it, let the steering settle to its new orientation, then power off the CPU itself via the new applauncher panel, and turn it back on again.

Now when you try to manually steer the ship you can do it a little bit but you're fighting a force that wants to recenter you. When you let go of the controls, the ship rotates back to the steering setting it had when kOS module was still on. There appears to be NO way to undo this. lock steering and unlock steering don't help. Powering it off and on again does not help.

I discovered it via the applauncher, but I suspect the problem is connected more to the new changes to the steering system and would also happen if you rightclicked the part and powered it down.

该提问来源于开源项目:KSP-KOS/KOS

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

10条回答

• weixin_39902472 weixin_39902472 4月前

One other thing to note in my case, I am toggling sas on and off in between variable changes without a relock on steering.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39849800 weixin_39849800 4月前

Running out of EC on the ship (and thus powering off the kOS terminal) while a lock steering command is active also triggers the bug, which is how I ran into it.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39796238 weixin_39796238 4月前

I don't know if this helps diagnose it or not, but one thing that I noticed does fix the problem after it starts happening is saving the game and reloading it. Whatever it's doing does not remain in the persistence file.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I am going to move this out of milestone 0.15 because I think it was here all along.

The only reason I had it in 0.15 was because I thought it would become a big issue when people could click the power button on the applauncher panel to poweroff a CPU during a run. I kept triggering the bug by accident and was worried other users would too.

But since you can't poweroff from clicking one button in the panel anymore, the immediacy of the problem is greatly reduced.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39744606 weixin_39744606 4月前

Aha! This bug has absolutely been doing my head in. I thought I was doing something wrong, but it turns out it's a bug all along. It's a bummer that the first thing I tried to use kOS for, I bang straight into a crippling bug. Please fix this! I basically can't get anything to work, because as soon as the kOS module loses power on the night side, it's basically broken from then on. Then because steering wont respond, I can't point the solar panels at the sun, and things go downhill from there.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Is this still happening in 0.15.5? I know piloting went through a bit of a redesign but if this is still a problem then this really needs to be dealt with.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I just triple checked: Yes it's 0.15.5. Downloaded the new version a few hours ago.

I'm 99% sure it's the same thing. The difference to the steps in the first post above are, that I'm powering off either due to running out of electric charge, or via the right click menu of the part. (If it matters, it's a probe core that I added the kOS Module to, due to the kOS parts not staying attached).

I've tried 'UNLOCK STEERING.' a few times to no effect. Saving and re-loading seems to fix the problem up until the next power-off.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

While futzing around trying to get my probe to rotate 90 degrees, I think I just managed to reproduce this without losing power or shutting down (Oh yeah, I think the 'SHUTDOWN' command also triggers this bug). I don't know at what point it started though, so I'm sorry to say I can't say what I did to cause it. I'll post more if I notice anything specific.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39902472 weixin_39902472 4月前

I've been running into this sort of behavior on a script that lock's steering to a variable at startup and changes that variable throughout the flight to new direction instances created from HEADING(..) or NODE:DELTAV:VEC:NORMALIZED:DIRECTION

Also experience it on manually triggered poweroff/shutdowns. Running latest kOS in 0.90

In my experience it feels like this is related:

https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/issues/490

Or at least the experienced behavior seems similar if I am indeed running into both issues like I think I am.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I don't know, I think #490 is just a PID tuning issue, rather than a bug per se. But yeah manual poweroffs of the kOS module consistently cause the steering to get permanently locked.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐