weixin_39632728
weixin_39632728
2020-12-30 06:12

Issue running code line-by-line in vscode: Cannot determine RHOME

Describe the bug Hi! I'm getting an error of Cannot determine R HOME when trying to execute code line-by-line in VSCode. This is a new problem which hadn't happened to me before, so I think an update might have broken some settings in some weird and wonderful way?

To Reproduce Steps to reproduce the behavior: 1. Open a random R script 2. command + enter on the first line (which happens to say library(tidyverse) but this is irrelevant)

Do you want to fix by self?

I wish I could

(If yes,) what kind of help do you want? (e.g. Which file should I fix, Survey (related documents)

(If related)setting.json

json

// R path for Mac OS X
"r.rterm.mac": "/Users/darya/anaconda3/bin/radian"

// R command line options (i.e: --vanilla)
"r.rterm.option": [],

// An optional encoding to pass to R when executing the file, i.e. 'source(FILE, encoding=ENCODING)'
"r.source.encoding": "UTF-8",

// Keeping focus when running
"r.source.focus": "editor",

// Use active terminal for all commands, rather than creating a new R terminal
"r.alwaysUseActiveTerminal": false,

// Use bracketed paste mode
"r.bracketedPaste": true,

// Enable R session watcher (experimental)
"r.sessionWatcher": true,

// Delay in milliseconds before sending each line to rterm (only applies if r.bracketedPaste is false)
"r.rtermSendDelay": 8,

Expected behavior I was hoping the code would run line by line...

Environment (please complete the following information): - OS: macOS 10.15.7 (19H2) - VSCode Version: Version: 1.50.1 - R Version: 4.0.2 - vscode-R version: v1.5.1

Additional context

Running /Users/darya/anaconda3/bin/radian (or radian) from the zsh command line results in R happily launching, and the library(tidyverse) code working without errors (as does running the script from RStudio)

What's wrong with my Config? Thanks in advance!

PS I have seen the issue here - but can't seem to fix the R RHOME issue by using the tips there.

该提问来源于开源项目:Ikuyadeu/vscode-R

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

12条回答

• weixin_39761422 weixin_39761422 4月前

Looks like https://github.com/randy3k/radian/issues/219

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39632728 weixin_39632728 4月前

-ken Thanks - yes, setting

"r.alwaysUseActiveTerminal": false
    "r.bracketedPaste": false

Fixes the problem.

Why does this happen, though?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Looks like you haven't changed any settings?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Sorry I might have poorly grabbed the config. Biggest difference was that originally I had it set that I was NOT always using the active terminal and it didn't work.

Instead, when I set it to always use the active terminal, launched R from the vscode terminal, and then tweaked the brackets setting so no extra characters were being added it seems to work.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

With "r.alwaysUseActiveTerminal": false, when you press ctrl+enter on an R document, it will run r.createRTerm command to launch an R session automatically.

In your settings, "r.rterm.mac": "/Users/darya/anaconda3/bin/radian" will make vscode-R launch radian instead of R. It seems that you could successfully run radian manually in VSCode terminal, but vscode-R cannot launch radian but fails with Cannot determine R HOME? You could simply verify this by pressing F1 and run R: Create R terminal command and it should produce the same error.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Yes, it does produce the same error. Any advice on how to fix it?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Looks like something is missing in the environment variables to launch radian by R: Create R terminal, something different from your zsh terminal in vscode. Not sure if this is a VSCode-specific problem?

any idea on why this could happen?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39982269 weixin_39982269 4月前

Where did you install R? It may be possible that you have a different PATH variable in VSCode. I recall that there is an option in VSCode to inherit the environment variables from the shell. You may want to check that out.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Maybe you need to specify the following in your vscode settings?

json
    "terminal.integrated.env.osx": {
      "R_HOME": "..."
    }

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

-ken Specifying that in the VSCode settings did indeed solve the problem!

It does generate a warning of :

Warning message:
    requested TAR '/usr/bin/tar' does not exist; using 'internal' instead 

But then libraries load and code executes.

I am curious, though, how to get it to properly

source("~/.Rprofile") 

since I've got a few custom functions in that, and VSCode is clearly not picking them up...

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

It looks like some important environment variables are missing when vscode-R launches radian via window.createTerminal(termOptions). I guess we should use what https://github.com/ManuelHentschel/VSCode-R-Debugger/blob/master/src/installRPackage.ts#L26 does: sending R terminal command to the shell in vscode terminal so that the environment variables from the shell (e.g. zsh) could be inherited.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

You might try installing the vsix from https://github.com/renkun-ken/vscode-R/actions/runs/334838489 and see if it works now.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐