weixin_39790686
weixin_39790686
2021-01-07 03:41

Feature request: Toggle off Jerk limits so we can use junction deviation without editing G code.

Version 2.2.0+win64

Operating system type + version All

Behavior This is a feature request.

Description The option to disable Jerk limits in 'Machine Limits' and having M205 automatically added to the Gcode, so we can use junction deviation without editing G code.

该提问来源于开源项目:prusa3d/PrusaSlicer

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

6条回答

• weixin_39573781 weixin_39573781 4月前

Why would machine limits prevent you from using linear advance? Are your prints slower (lower acceleration) with jerk limits? If so, your extruder jerk is set incorrectly. Set it to the same value as in your firmware.

Anyway, if you still don't want machine limits, you can easily disable it by switching g-code flavor to "Reprap/Sprinter".

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39790686 weixin_39790686 4月前

Why would machine limits prevent you from using linear advance? Are your prints slower (lower acceleration) with jerk limits? If so, your extruder jerk is set incorrectly. Set it to the same value as in your firmware.

Anyway, if you still don't want machine limits, you can easily disable it by switching g-code flavor to "Reprap/Sprinter".

Sorry Long day meant junction deviation, not Linear advance, due to PrusaSlicer adding Jerk values into the Gcode overwriting the Linear advance settings, but guess the switching g-code flavor would fix that too by taking out the M20x settings?

edited title and post.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

due to PrusaSlicer adding Jerk values into the Gcode overwriting the Linear advance settings

I am not sure what do you mean by that. I believe that M205 commands (XYZ) are ignored by printer firmware if you are using junction deviation, except extruder jerk, which should be set according to your firmware.

If you switch gcode flavor to Reprap/Sprinter, machine limits will be completely disabled and M20X commands will not be added.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39790686 weixin_39790686 4月前

due to PrusaSlicer adding Jerk values into the Gcode overwriting the Linear advance settings

I am not sure what do you mean by that. I believe that M205 commands (XYZ) are ignored by printer firmware if you are using junction deviation.

I have been told the reverse, so not sure where to go for clarity on this,

If you switch gcode flavor to Reprap/Sprinter, machine limits will be completely disabled and M20X commands will not be added.

Yes, this sounds like a workaround that will work, but its not so much a "Feature" or intuitive. A tick box in the machine limits would be better IMHO.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

You can test it for example via Pronterface.

There is already feature request (issue) for it https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/issues/4107.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

So I believe we can close this.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐