weixin_39685836
weixin_39685836
2021-01-08 13:01

appium/node_modules/appium-uiautomator2-server/apks/appium-uiautomator2-server-debug-androidTest.apk read only

Appium or Appium Desktop?

You are reporting an issue at the Appium Desktop repository. Appium Desktop is a wrapper around Appium. If you are having trouble running tests, it is much more likely that the problem you are encountering is not a problem with Appium Desktop but with Appium. For that reason we require you to have tried your testcase with Appium CLI before reporting issues. Check the checkbox below to confirm that you have proven your issue does not reproduce on Appium itself:

• [x] I have verified that my issue does not occur with Appium and should be investigated as an Appium Desktop issue

The problem

I'm getting this error with Appium Desktop version 1.13.0 using the AppImage on Ubuntu 18.04.2.

The application at '/tmp/.mount_AppiumiE6EwI/resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-uiautomator2-server/apks/appium-uiautomator2-server-debug-androidTest.apk' is not writeable. Please grant write permissions to this file or to its parent folder

Then I tried: $ sudo chmod o+x /tmp/.mount_AppiumiE6EwI/resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-uiautomator2-server/apks/appium-uiautomator2-server-debug-androidTest.apk chmod: cannot access '/tmp/.mount_AppiumiE6EwI/resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-uiautomator2-server/apks/appium-uiautomator2-server-debug-androidTest.apk': Permission denied

The permissions should be set correctly in the AppImage file by default anyway.

Environment

• I am running Appium Desktop version 1.13.0
  • I am on (pick one):
    • [] Mac
    • [ ] Windows
    • [x] Linux

Note that I have I older version of appium install globally - not sure if this matters: npm list -g --depth 0 | grep appium ├── appium.11.1 ├── appium-doctor.9.0

该提问来源于开源项目:appium/appium-desktop

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

6条回答

• weixin_39524842 weixin_39524842 4月前

I have the same problem with appium desktop 1.14, I have to use 1.10 for now which doesn't seem to have this problem.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39844426 weixin_39844426 4月前

Appium 1.14.0 ubuntu 18.04 Have the same problem

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39617252 weixin_39617252 4月前

Same here, Appium 1.13 Ubuntu 16.04 working Even if I change the AppImage or UIAutomator2 permissions to read and write, it doesn't work

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39564831 weixin_39564831 4月前

any solution w.r.t above issue ? i'm hitting the same with Appium 1.14.2 version and MAC OS Mojave 10.14.6

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39702479 weixin_39702479 4月前

Duplicate of https://github.com/appium/appium-desktop/issues/970

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39685836 weixin_39685836 4月前

Just realised that you can't have writable files inside an AppImage - this is still a bug however since I can't use an Appium server launched via Appium Desktop GUI. I'm not sure why the APK needs to be signed since I don't have deep enough knowledge of what's going on underneath. Perhaps the APK can be signed before distribution. Or else have the file copied into the user home directory, then signed.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐