weixin_39979080
weixin_39979080
2021-01-08 20:05

Discussion: Let's try to get this repo into the Discussions beta

Discussion: Let's try to get this repo into the Discussions beta

I just learned that GitHub has introduced Discussions in beta.

Let's get rid of these "discussion issues", and try to be an early adopter of the new Discussions feature!

Good idea? Bad idea?

Where should proposals fit in? Issues or discussions?

I personally have always disliked calling anything that is not an issue/bug an "issue", so IMO proposals should go under discussions. Not quite sure about work-in-progress items like #264.

It would obviously be very helpful if there were a mechanism for converting existing issues into discussions, but I can't find much information about the feature at this time.

You control this repo, not sure if you have a means to squeeze us into the beta though.

Related Links

https://github.com/zeit/next.js/discussions

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=22388639

该提问来源于开源项目:microsoft/microsoft-ui-xaml

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

4条回答

• weixin_39890289 weixin_39890289 4月前

This repo is currently also the only place where we can have discussions about the WinRT API surface/UWP app model in an acceptable fashion. As a result, we've seen multiple proposals/discussions being opened over the past weeks and months which do not belong to WinUI at all. In that sense, having those threads grouped outside of the WinUI Issues space seems like a good call to me and the new Discussions feature would allow that.

PS: We need to hammer this away again and again: We need an own place where we can discuss WinRT/UWP app model related issues/proposals with other users/developers and Microsoft engineers. It is badly needed! (The fact that I have to write this here in an unrelated repo just shows how bad the current situation is.)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39533361 weixin_39533361 4月前

-Dev

PS: We need to hammer this away again and again: We need an own place where we can discuss WinRT/UWP

Agreed 100% !

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39827625 weixin_39827625 4月前

Thank you for suggesting. Definitely looks interesting. Taking a look. as FYI.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39827625 weixin_39827625 4月前

The discussions beta seems to be in pretty early stages. While it looks promising, it might be worth waiting a little bit before adopting for a few reasons. • It seems to cater more towards questions with a marked answer (which is sort of similar to Microsoft Q&A). • We already have lots of discussions in issues with ‘discussion’ label and no straightforward one shot move to the new discussions feature. Having two mechanisms for discussions seems less than ideal. • No easy way to sort, filter, query discussions using labels which is really useful. We currently add labels for feature areas for example to be able to query discussions related to a specific feature.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐