weixin_39598308
weixin_39598308
2021-01-09 10:29

Allow writing Transformers in non-JS languages

Hi.

As mentioned in #289 this is my attempt at a refactor that allows not applying babel to the transformCode for a given transformer. This is needed in order to allow writing transform code in other languages other than Javascript (e.g. a TSLint rule in Typescript). I added a transpilers directory that currently contains two transpilers (babel and typescript). More can be added in the future.

I wanted to go ahead and present a working version that already applies this change to all of the existing transformers to make it easy to discuss\merge, but by-all-means I'd be happy to get feedback and change accordingly. For example, you might prefer that in all existing transformers I load transpiler/babel via a regular import statement and not asynchronously via the require call inside loadTransformer, etc.

该提问来源于开源项目:fkling/astexplorer

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

4条回答

• weixin_39598308 weixin_39598308 4月前

Merged upstream repo into fork. Change babel-plugin-macros which was added after the PR was created.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39598308 weixin_39598308 4月前

build now passes after merging upstream repo into fork.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39731456 weixin_39731456 4月前

I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about the changes the transformers. On one hand, I feel it makes the transformer code more "noisy", on the other hand, I like the flexibility that this provides to transformers.

I'll merge this since I think this is the best we can do at the moment. After we have restructured a bit how parsing and transforming works in general, we may find ways to improve this.

(Please don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that your code is bad, I'm just wondering if there is something we can do to hide the transpiler from the transformers).

Since I'm going on vacation for two weeks, I might not merge this into stable (i.e. https://astexplorer.net). However, an unknown fact is that there is https://latest.astexplorer.net, which I use to test changes first and it runs the exact same build (process) except on a different domain. So if you want to use/test it, you can do that there.

Thank you very much for this, I really appreciate it!

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39731456 weixin_39731456 4月前

So, after trying it for a bit, whether to use babel or typescript should probably be an option in the UI, and not be determined by the transformer itself.

However, there isn't really a good place in the UI atm to put such options.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐