weixin_39943383
weixin_39943383
2021-01-10 02:51

FW tuning guide clarification

In this section of the FW tuning guide: "Tuning the Trim Offsets with the Integrator Gain" there is no mention of the TRIM_ROLL,PITCH,YAW parameters. There is also no mention of the SENS_BOARD_X,Y,Z_OFF parameters.

The description of the trim parameters says that by "using the GCS" you may copy RC trims, but it is not clear how this works, or why it is needed.

The description of the board offset parameters says that they are used to correct "misalignment", but it isn't stated what "proper" alignment is, or what the symptoms of misalignment might be.

This guide would be greatly improved by adding a complete description of all (currently unstated) design assumptions and clear definitions of things like 1) correct orientation of the body frame (autopilot frame?) relative to the airframe 2) cruise attitude and relevant parameters 3) FW_P_ROLLFF parameter ... other items of which I'm currently ignorant

该提问来源于开源项目:PX4/Firmware

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

4条回答

• weixin_39943383 weixin_39943383 4月前

I'd be happy to do the edits, but I'm not sure I know the correct answers :) I suppose I could propose changes for review... is there a better mechanism for such proposals than using this issue?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39812577 weixin_39812577 4月前

In this section of the FW tuning guide: "Tuning the Trim Offsets with the Integrator Gain" there is no mention of the TRIM_ROLL,PITCH,YAW parameters. There is also no mention of the SENS_BOARD_X,Y,Z_OFF parameters.

The description of the trim parameters says that by "using the GCS" you may copy RC trims, but it is not clear how this works, or why it is needed.

I wouldn't mention the params since they are easy to get wrong. Instead, these two steps should be mentioned: - Put the plane into its level flight position and click on "Level" in the sensor calibration view - Fly the plane in manual and trim it, land, hit "copy trim" in the RC calibration view and reset your trims to zero

That will trim to a zero attitude and to zero-rate control surfaces.

The description of the board offset parameters says that they are used to correct "misalignment", but it isn't stated what "proper" alignment is, or what the symptoms of misalignment might be.

Misalignment of vehicle body frame to autopilot body frame. Symptoms are constant climbing, diving or rolling.

This guide would be greatly improved by adding a complete description of all (currently unstated) design assumptions and clear definitions of things like 1) correct orientation of the body frame (autopilot frame?) relative to the airframe 2) cruise attitude and relevant parameters 3) FW_P_ROLLFF parameter ... other items of which I'm currently ignorant

Seems like you figured this all out, so it seems you seem perfectly equipped to fix the page up.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39943383 weixin_39943383 4月前

Can't believe I didn't put any URLs in here! Not sure if this guide still exists.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39812577 weixin_39812577 4月前

It's a wiki, so please go ahead and edit it as suggested. Registration link is in the top right.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐