?yb? 2009-09-25 09:16 采纳率: 100%
浏览 396
已采纳

什么时候使用 MongoDB 或其他面向文档的数据库系统? [打烊]

We offer a platform for video- and audio-clips, photos and vector-grafics. We started with MySQL as the database backend and recently included MongoDB for storing all meta-information of the files, because MongoDB better fits the requirements. For example: photos may have Exif information, videos may have audio-tracks where we to want to store the meta-information of, too. Videos and vector-graphics don't share any common meta-information, etc. so I know, that MongoDB is perfect to store this unstructured data and keep it searchable.

However, we continue developing our platform and adding features. Now one of the next steps will be providing a forum for our users. The question that now arises is: use the MySQL database, which would be a good choice for storing forums and forum-posts, etc. or use MongoDB for this, too?

So the question is: when to use MongoDB and when to use a RDBMS. What would you take, mongoDB or MySQL, if you had the choice and why would you take it?

转载于:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1476295/when-to-use-mongodb-or-other-document-oriented-database-systems

• 写回答

11条回答 默认 最新

• ℡Wang Yan 2009-09-25 13:42
    关注

In NoSQL: If Only It Was That Easy, the author writes about MongoDB:

MongoDB is not a key/value store, it’s quite a bit more. It’s definitely not a RDBMS either. I haven’t used MongoDB in production, but I have used it a little building a test app and it is a very cool piece of kit. It seems to be very performant and either has, or will have soon, fault tolerance and auto-sharding (aka it will scale). I think Mongo might be the closest thing to a RDBMS replacement that I’ve seen so far. It won’t work for all data sets and access patterns, but it’s built for your typical CRUD stuff. Storing what is essentially a huge hash, and being able to select on any of those keys, is what most people use a relational database for. If your DB is 3NF and you don’t do any joins (you’re just selecting a bunch of tables and putting all the objects together, AKA what most people do in a web app), MongoDB would probably kick ass for you.

Then, in the conclusion:

The real thing to point out is that if you are being held back from making something super awesome because you can’t choose a database, you are doing it wrong. If you know mysql, just use it. Optimize when you actually need to. Use it like a k/v store, use it like a rdbms, but for god sake, build your killer app! None of this will matter to most apps. Facebook still uses MySQL, a lot. Wikipedia uses MySQL, a lot. FriendFeed uses MySQL, a lot. NoSQL is a great tool, but it’s certainly not going to be your competitive edge, it’s not going to make your app hot, and most of all, your users won’t care about any of this.

What am I going to build my next app on? Probably Postgres. Will I use NoSQL? Maybe. I might also use Hadoop and Hive. I might keep everything in flat files. Maybe I’ll start hacking on Maglev. I’ll use whatever is best for the job. If I need reporting, I won’t be using any NoSQL. If I need caching, I’ll probably use Tokyo Tyrant. If I need ACIDity, I won’t use NoSQL. If I need a ton of counters, I’ll use Redis. If I need transactions, I’ll use Postgres. If I have a ton of a single type of documents, I’ll probably use Mongo. If I need to write 1 billion objects a day, I’d probably use Voldemort. If I need full text search, I’d probably use Solr. If I need full text search of volatile data, I’d probably use Sphinx.

I like this article, I find it very informative, it gives a good overview of the NoSQL landscape and hype. But, and that's the most important part, it really helps to ask yourself the right questions when it comes to choose between RDBMS and NoSQL. Worth the read IMHO.

Alternate link to article

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(10条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 我这模型写的不对吗?为什么lingo解出来的下面影子价格这一溜少一个变量
  • ¥50 树莓派安卓APK系统签名
  • ¥15 maple软件,用solve求反函数出现rootof,怎么办?
  • ¥65 汇编语言除法溢出问题
  • ¥15 Visual Studio问题
  • ¥20 求一个html代码,有偿