~Onlooker 2009-01-27 23:28 采纳率: 0%
浏览 375
已采纳

具有 padding / margin 的 CSS 100% 高度

This has been driving me crazy for a couple of days now, but in reality it's a problem that I've hit off and on for the last few years: With HTML/CSS how can I make an element that has a width and/or height that is 100% of it's parent element and still has proper padding or margins?

By "proper" I mean that if my parent element is 200px tall and I specify height = 100% with padding = 5px I would expect that I should get a 190px high element with border = 5px on all sides, nicely centered in the parent element.

Now, I know that that's not how the standard box model specifies it should work (although I'd like to know why, exactly...), so the obvious answer doesn't work:

#myDiv {
    width: 100%
    height: 100%;
    padding: 5px;
}

But it would seem to me that there must be SOME way of reliably producing this effect for a parent of arbitrary size. Does anyone know of a way of accomplishing this (seemingly simple) task?

Oh, and for the record I'm not terribly interested in IE compatibility so that should (hopefully) make things a bit easier.

EDIT: Since an example was asked for, here's the simplest one I can think of:

<html style="height: 100%">
    <body style="height: 100%">
        <div style="background-color: black; height: 100%; padding: 25px"></div>
    </body>
</html>

The challenge is then to get the black box to show up with a 25 pixel padding on all edges without the page growing big enough to require scrollbars.

转载于:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/485827/css-100-height-with-padding-margin

• 写回答

13条回答 默认 最新

• 叼花硬汉 2009-01-27 23:53
    关注

I learned how to do these sort of things reading "PRO HTML and CSS Design Patterns". The display:block is the default display value for the div, but I like to make it explicit. The container has to be the right type; position attribute is fixed, relative, or absolute.

.stretchedToMargin {
      display: block;
      position:absolute;
      height:auto;
      bottom:0;
      top:0;
      left:0;
      right:0;
      margin-top:20px;
      margin-bottom:20px;
      margin-right:80px;
      margin-left:80px;