旧行李 2010-03-02 19:18 采纳率: 25%
浏览 290
已采纳

不知道如何解决 SICP 练习1.11

Exercise 1.11:

A function f is defined by the rule that f(n) = n if n < 3 and f(n) = f(n - 1) + 2f(n - 2) + 3f(n - 3) if n > 3. Write a procedure that computes f by means of a recursive process. Write a procedure that computes f by means of an iterative process.

Implementing it recursively is simple enough. But I couldn't figure out how to do it iteratively. I tried comparing with the Fibonacci example given, but I didn't know how to use it as an analogy. So I gave up (shame on me) and Googled for an explanation, and I found this:

(define (f n)
   (if (< n 3)
       n
       (f-iter 2 1 0 n)))

(define (f-iter a b c count)
   (if (< count 3)
       a
       (f-iter (+ a (* 2 b) (* 3 c))
               a
               b
               (- count 1))))

After reading it, I understand the code and how it works. But what I don't understand is the process needed to get from the recursive definition of the function to this. I don't get how the code could have formed in someone's head.

Could you explain the thought process needed to arrive at the solution?

转载于:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2365993/no-idea-how-to-solve-sicp-exercise-1-11

• 写回答

5条回答 默认 最新

• Didn"t forge 2010-03-02 19:45
    关注

You need to capture the state in some accumulators and update the state at each iteration.

If you have experience in an imperative language, imagine writing a while loop and tracking information in variables during each iteration of the loop. What variables would you need? How would you update them? That's exactly what you have to do to make an iterative (tail-recursive) set of calls in Scheme.

In other words, it might help to start thinking of this as a while loop instead of a recursive definition. Eventually you'll be fluent enough with recursive -> iterative transformations that you won't need to extra help to get started.

For this particular example, you have to look closely at the three function calls, because it's not immediately clear how to represent them. However, here's the likely thought process: (in Python pseudo-code to emphasise the imperativeness)

Each recursive step keeps track of three things:

f(n) = f(n - 1) + 2f(n - 2) + 3f(n - 3) 

So I need three pieces of state to track the current, the last and the penultimate values of f. (that is, f(n-1), f(n-2) and f(n-3).) Call them a, b, c. I have to update these pieces inside each loop:

for _ in 2..n:
        a = NEWVALUE
        b = a
        c = b
    return a

So what's NEWVALUE? Well, now that we have representations of f(n-1), f(n-2) and f(n-3), it's just the recursive equation:

for _ in 2..n:
        a = a + 2 * b + 3 * c
        b = a
        c = b
    return a

Now all that's left is to figure out the initial values of a, b and c. But that's easy, since we know that f(n) = n if n < 3.

if n < 3: return n
    a = 2 # f(n-1) where n = 3
    b = 1 # f(n-2)
    c = 0 # f(n-3)
    # now start off counting at 3
    for _ in 3..n:
        a = a + 2 * b + 3 * c
        b = a
        c = b
    return a

That's still a little different from the Scheme iterative version, but I hope you can see the thought process now.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(4条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 数学建模求思路及代码
  • ¥50 silvaco GaN HEMT有栅极场板的击穿电压仿真问题
  • ¥15 谁会P4语言啊,我想请教一下
  • ¥15 哪个tomcat中startup一直一闪而过 找不出问题
  • ¥15 这个怎么改成直流激励源给加热电阻提供5a电流呀
  • ¥50 求解vmware的网络模式问题 别拿AI回答
  • ¥24 EFS加密后,在同一台电脑解密出错,证书界面找不到对应指纹的证书,未备份证书,求在原电脑解密的方法,可行即采纳
  • ¥15 springboot 3.0 实现Security 6.x版本集成
  • ¥15 PHP-8.1 镜像无法用dockerfile里的CMD命令启动 只能进入容器启动,如何解决?(操作系统-ubuntu)
  • ¥30 请帮我解决一下下面六个代码