Didn"t forge 2018-11-05 03:35 采纳率: 25%
浏览 272

用于 c,openmp 的 CAS 实现

I'm trying to implement the compare and swap operation so that my threads know whether or not to enter a particular region based on a value u_parent. I just want to know if this is the correct way to implement it and if I am going wrong somewhere.

int *u_parent;
u_parent = &graph->parents[u]; 

if (*u_parent < 0) { 
    // This region should only be entered by each thread
    // if the value of u_parent is < -1.   

graph->parents[u] = v;
    // ^-- If region is entered, this value is modified
    // by some variable v

//Swap:
    u_parent = &graph->parents[u];

DO_SOMETHING();
}

Is this implementation correct because I am still seeing other threads enter this region after the CAS operation?

转载于:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53147982/implementation-of-cas-for-c-openmp

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• 胖鸭 2018-11-05 05:53
    关注

I'm trying to implement the compare and swap operation

You cannot implement that in C. Such an operation has to be atomic to be meaningfully usable for synchronization purposes between threads. Be aware of sequence points and memory models.

Some compilers provide a builtin for that. (See also this question). Recent GCC provide atomic builtins including __atomic_compare_exchange which generally gets compiled into a single machine code instruction. Read the wikipage on compare-and-swap

On Linux, be also aware of futex(7). With machine instructions like CMPXCHG they are the building blocks of many pthreads(7) operations (so require some assembler code). Read also a good pthread tutorial. The C11 standard (read n1570) provides <stdatomic.h> (in practice, the standard atomic operations are builtin to the compiler, or uses existing builtins).

Study also the source code of existing free software C standard libraries, e.g. GNU glibc or musl-libc. You'll see that many synchronization primitives are built above futexes, assembler code, and/or compiler builtins.

Also, OpenMP (when it is implemented by the compiler) is changing the behavior of the compiler.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 无线电能传输系统MATLAB仿真问题
  • ¥50 如何用脚本实现输入法的热键设置
  • ¥20 我想使用一些网络协议或者部分协议也行,主要想实现类似于traceroute的一定步长内的路由拓扑功能
  • ¥30 深度学习,前后端连接
  • ¥15 孟德尔随机化结果不一致
  • ¥15 apm2.8飞控罗盘bad health,加速度计校准失败
  • ¥15 求解O-S方程的特征值问题给出边界层布拉休斯平行流的中性曲线
  • ¥15 谁有desed数据集呀
  • ¥20 手写数字识别运行c仿真时,程序报错错误代码sim211-100