七度&光 2018-11-05 03:35 采纳率: 22.2%
浏览 304

用于 c,openmp 的 CAS 实现

I'm trying to implement the compare and swap operation so that my threads know whether or not to enter a particular region based on a value u_parent. I just want to know if this is the correct way to implement it and if I am going wrong somewhere.

int *u_parent;
u_parent = &graph->parents[u]; 

if (*u_parent < 0) { 
    // This region should only be entered by each thread
    // if the value of u_parent is < -1.   

graph->parents[u] = v;
    // ^-- If region is entered, this value is modified
    // by some variable v

//Swap:
    u_parent = &graph->parents[u];

DO_SOMETHING();
}

Is this implementation correct because I am still seeing other threads enter this region after the CAS operation?

转载于:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53147982/implementation-of-cas-for-c-openmp

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• 关注

I'm trying to implement the compare and swap operation

You cannot implement that in C. Such an operation has to be atomic to be meaningfully usable for synchronization purposes between threads. Be aware of sequence points and memory models.

Some compilers provide a builtin for that. (See also this question). Recent GCC provide atomic builtins including __atomic_compare_exchange which generally gets compiled into a single machine code instruction. Read the wikipage on compare-and-swap

On Linux, be also aware of futex(7). With machine instructions like CMPXCHG they are the building blocks of many pthreads(7) operations (so require some assembler code). Read also a good pthread tutorial. The C11 standard (read n1570) provides <stdatomic.h> (in practice, the standard atomic operations are builtin to the compiler, or uses existing builtins).

Study also the source code of existing free software C standard libraries, e.g. GNU glibc or musl-libc. You'll see that many synchronization primitives are built above futexes, assembler code, and/or compiler builtins.

Also, OpenMP (when it is implemented by the compiler) is changing the behavior of the compiler.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥40 复杂的限制性的商函数处理
  • ¥15 程序不包含适用于入口点的静态Main方法
  • ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题
  • ¥15 slam rangenet++配置