weixin_39714528
weixin_39714528
2021-01-12 01:18

Bleach use in crafting bandages

It seems to me that bleach should be on the list of acceptable disinfectants for crafting bandages.

Want to back this issue? Post a bounty on it! We accept bounties via Bountysource.

该提问来源于开源项目:CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

9条回答

• weixin_39975261 weixin_39975261 4月前

I don't think honey and lemon are good enough disinfectants, I know honey on a normal cut is a good thing so is lemon juice, but they are more preemptive not meant to help clear up a infection of the fungus or whatever makes the zombies tick, and they and not strong enough to clean a real bandage.

question why can't we just boil rags to get bandages? or wash rags with strong soapy water(gives that soap item a use)?

The point is to clean them so they are sanitary. So whatever you use needs to not be able to culture bacteria. as lemon juice and honey left in the open will spoil they are not good choices to clean bandages.

But I am all for the use of bleach and water as a means to clean bandages.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39517797 weixin_39517797 4月前

Ah ok :) I was assuming the disinfectant in the recipe was just applied to a rag, becoming a DIY medicated bandage. It never occurred to me the player was actually sterilizing the rags.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39902472 weixin_39902472 4月前

Correction, honey does not go bad if left in the open. It's a really terrible growth medium. Can you point to anything indicating that bleaching bandages is a good idea? I'd be concerned that bleach left on the bandage would be harmful to the wound.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39945178 weixin_39945178 4月前

Bleaching bandages to sterilize them prior to use (with time to dry out and such) is good; putting bleach on them immediately prior to use as an antiseptic is very, very bad.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39714528 weixin_39714528 4月前

Well, IRL you would use a bleach water mixture. Not pure bleach. You would soak the bandages in a fairly weak bleach solution. Maybe a few teaspoons per gallon and then let them dry well, then seal them up in a bag of you had it.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

So, probably use a unit of clean water and a unit of bleach plus the rags? That would be too strong IRL but maybe a good simulated mixture. Maybe more than one unit of water. Water wouldn't have to be clean particularly either.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39945178 weixin_39945178 4月前

In game terms, a unit of bleach would suffice.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39517797 weixin_39517797 4月前

In that case why not lemons and honey also?

Also, for a real wilderness survival style bandage... A way to turn pine boroughs into pine oil, which is a natural disinfectant? -->http://www.ehow.com/how_5860292_extract-essential-pine-tree-oil.html

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I didn't know that lemons and honey were also disinfectants. I thought about adding ammonia to the list of strong chemicals that would probably sterilize the soon to be bandages.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐