weixin_40004057
weixin_40004057
2021-01-12 01:57

Quiver Autoloading

Autopickup and regular pickup will now autoload any equipped quivers. See below notes for more information. Fixes #7164.

Note - please add ammo to be picked up to the autopickup rules for your character. Otherwise, it'll just go into your inventory.

CODE TODO [✔] change quivers container so that it holds maxCharges int as well ........[✔] remove unnecessary call to max_charges_from_flag() after that's sorted [✔] change "choice" logic to loop through quivers container instead [✔] iuse::quiver() small refactor [✔] change multiple quiver autopickup to fill both quivers [✔] prune commented out code [✔] remove AutoPickup dependency [✔] fix arrow pickup behavior when player volume is full

✔ - working O - In Progress/Partially working X - Not working yet

TESTING [✔] Empty quiver [✔] Full quiver [✔] Partially-full quiver [✔] Non arrow/bolt ammo (do nothing) [✔] More arrows than quiver holds (fill quiver, rest in inv) ........[✔] Autopickup ........[✔] Regular pickup [✔] Multiple non-full quivers (rest in inv) ........[✔] Autopickup ........[✔] Regular pickup [✔] maxCharges still works properly in iuse::quiver [✔] Arrow volume on ground exceeds player max volume ........[✔] Hands full ........[✔] Hands free

该提问来源于开源项目:CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

17条回答

• weixin_40004057 weixin_40004057 4月前

Do you mean this conditional? if (here.size() <= min && min != -1)? That only evaluates to true if the AutoPickup option is false. I left it out of that conditional intentionally, so that the player wouldn't be forced to retrieve ammo (and lose turns) if in a critical situation. I tested this to be sure; a single arrow/bolt will be quivered whether AutoPickup is true or false. Do we still want it in that conditional?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39902472 weixin_39902472 4月前

If you pick up an arrow from a pile, it'll quiver it, if you pick up an arrow off the ground, you don't quiver it, that doesn't really make sense. I see your point about move cost, but stepping back, I'd think a quiver should have a discount to moves compared to jamming it in a backpack or some other weirdness. (a quiver that holds them in a loose way anyway, not so sure about the modern ones where you have to socket them into place)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I'll make a helper function and modify the code so that when that conditional does get called, the quiver handling will be there.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Things are going smoothly, and I've tamed the game::pickup function quite a bit. How many moves do we want each action to take? From what I understand of the existing code, it detracts a flat 100 moves per map item, regardless of charges. This is pretty unrealistic.

In this PR, I'm subtracting 10 moves/arrow for adding to a quiver, and 100 moves flat (as it was before), for adding to the inventory. Should I keep these values?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I wouldn't want to mess with the moves/action in general here, it's a separate issue, for arrows, how about 10/arrow, but capped at 100 so it's no worse with a quiver than without?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I've made those changes, and game::pickup is much more palatable now. Still needs a bunch of testing, but I'm pretty optimistic about it's stability.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Thanks for the feature, sorry it was such a protracted process.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Everything I planned to implement is now in the PR, so I've removed the WIP tag.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Sweet, code looks good except the line of commented out code you left in the method to add arrows to quivers.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Sorry about that! Those are now cleaned up.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Not sure what's up, didn't work when I tested it... Also a minor issue, if you don't have room for the arrows it'll wield them instead. Unfortunately that looks a bit complicated to sort out.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Not sure what's up, didn't work when I tested it...

Did you add the ammo to the autopickup rules for your character? It only works with items on the autopickup list, so that the player has control over what gets quivered and what doesn't.

Also a minor issue, if you don't have room for the arrows it'll wield them instead. Unfortunately that looks a bit complicated to sort out.

I see the problem. In game.cpp, the volume check happens before my code to check if the ammo is an arrow/bolt. I'll work on a fix to this.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I missed the autopickup dependency, and I don't agree with it. It means this feature won't trigger except for people in the know, and it overloads what autopickup means. If I didn't figure it out even looking at the code, it seems a stretch for players to figure it out. It's a no-brainer that if you already have arrows in a worn quiver and you pick up matching arrows you'd want to put them in the quiver. It's a really good heuristic that if you pick up arrows and you have an empty quiver you want to put them in. I think it's a good enough heuristic that we should do it by default, all you need to do is activate the quiver and pull them back out to reverse the process. The only refinement i'd ask for would be to prefer matching quivers instead of empty ones.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Ok, that reasoning makes sense. I'm not really sure why the autopickup dependency is there, but I'll work on getting rid of it. Iterating over partially-filled quivers before empty ones is definitely doable. I'll mark this as WIP again, while I make the changes.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

I changed the quivers container to a vector containing std::pair, so that I can sort by quiver charges. However, I'm running into a compile error that I can't seem to shake. I posted about it here, if someone wouldn't mind taking a look: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=6192.msg110090.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Made all requested changes.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

Damn pickup is such a mess. You missed the chunk of code that picks up just one item. That method needs some serious housecleaning (not saying you need to do it, just... damn) However, at this point we're looking at like 4 places that are doing the same thing, so probably a good idea to extract the whole "handle quiver insertion" thing to a helper.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐