weixin_39563132
weixin_39563132
2021-01-12 15:48

Limit number of displayed items in portfolio widget

Hello,

First: thanks for the amazing work with the Academic theme!

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe. No problem.

Describe the solution you'd like

I would like to present the blog posts ("pages" widget) like is done for the portfolio widget, i.e. with the ability to filter articles related to given tags (like "New publication", "Seminar", "Conference", "PhD defence" etc.).

Describe alternatives you've considered

I can actually use a portfolio widget to do it, and I tried, but then I lose the ability to limit the number of shown items. Playing with the portfolio.html file and the range in {{ range $idx, $item := where site.RegularPages "Type" $items_type }}, I got to limit the number of shown items when the filter is "*", but then I lose this when the filter changes (if an article with the wanted tag was published earlier than the limit number, it doesn't appear). I'm pretty sure this is something to change in the js code for isotope filtering, but this far exceeds my skillset... At the moment, I don't do any filtering. I use the "pages" widget with a modified layout: see lab website and the "Highlights" part.

Additional context

I guess that limiting the number of displayed items in the portfolio widget and adding a button "see more" or something like that would also be a useful feature for people with lots of projects.

Thanks! P.S. I did look through existing issues and didn't find anything similar.

该提问来源于开源项目:wowchemy/wowchemy-hugo-modules

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

4条回答

• weixin_39976960 weixin_39976960 3月前

This would be a nice feature to have for sure. Thanks!

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39875842 weixin_39875842 3月前

This issue has been automatically marked as stale because it has not had any recent activity. The resources of the Academic team are limited, and so we are asking for your help. If this is a bug and you can still reproduce this error on the master branch, please reply with all of the information you have about it in order to keep the issue open. If this is a feature request, and you feel that it is still relevant and valuable, please tell us why. This issue will automatically close soon if no further activity occurs. Thank you for your contributions.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39824033 weixin_39824033 3月前

I also would like to limit the number of displayed projects when the filter is set to ALL. Right now I have it limited to show only a select number, however when I use a different filter other than ALL, the only projects that show up are the projects visible with the ALL filter. The projects not visible under the ALL filter seem to be hidden with the other filters even though the number of projects using a different filter is below the limit specified.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39625586 weixin_39625586 3月前

Hi. I would also love it if we can limit the number of items displayed in the portfolio widget. Thanks.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享