duangai2831 2011-04-26 17:37
浏览 98
已采纳

MySQL中的存储函数 - 值得做什么?

When I first got into databases I was using SQL Server. I got into that originally with classic ASP. One of the big things we were told was that you saved a LOT of time in your SQL transactions if you used stored procedures, rather than working with the ASP SQL commands (doing it "in line", I suppose). So almost everything I ever wanted to do with the database I wrote a stored procedure for, and then called the stored procedure from my code.

Anyway, fast forward several years and I'm now doing all of my work with PHP and MySQL (and a little Python). One thing that I don't seem to see much of at all is people using stored procedures/functions, so I haven't really been worrying about it.

However, it occurs to me that I'm just doing it wrong and don't realize it. Is there a major advantage to using stored functions in MySQL? I'm building a fairly good-sized website that handles a lot of calls to the database. The calls are all done in-line with my PHP code. Would I be better off using stored functions for the calls that I'm making consistently, and then just passing variables to the function from the PHP?

• 写回答

3条回答

• duanmei1885 2011-04-26 17:56
    关注

Well that depends. Stored procedures are a way to handle functional decomposition and can be absolutely essential if you have multiple applications interacting with the same database. The idea of using stored procures for everything was on the ascendancy a couple of years ago and as the world has moved to a service/RAD world they are losing some ground.

Some of the benefits of stored procedures are

1. Reuse / This can certainly be accomplished within your code base but it beats the hell out of writing the same query with 10 sub joins 15 times

2. Security - when sp were the rage sql injection attacks were coming to the for front and one way to reduce your exposure is to offer parameterized sp that sanitize you input automatically for the most case

3. Documentation by definition on really large databases table layout is not always sufficient to explain what you are storing and why and have SP sometimes gives you and those that come after you what was intended

4. A defined interface.

I think that all of these pros can be provided assuming good application design and only make scene to a degree on projects of some scale.

Some cons

1. Redundant functionality - I have seen a lot of shops where business and crud logic is spread in the application and business logic is in the database.

2. Lack of configuration management on SPs -- While there are established procedures and tools for code SP management lags far behind.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#python#的问题:求帮写python代码
  • ¥20 MATLAB画图图形出现上下震荡的线条
  • ¥15 LiBeAs的带隙等于0.997eV,计算阴离子的N和P
  • ¥15 关于#windows#的问题:怎么用WIN 11系统的电脑 克隆WIN NT3.51-4.0系统的硬盘
  • ¥15 来真人,不要ai!matlab有关常微分方程的问题求解决,
  • ¥15 perl MISA分析p3_in脚本出错
  • ¥15 k8s部署jupyterlab,jupyterlab保存不了文件