duan0514324 2014-08-10 00:26
浏览 98
已采纳

PHP / MySQLi - 捕获唯一ID冲突

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to check if an INSERT statement triggers a conflict due to a unique index on a MySQL field while performing the INSERT.

For example, say I'm adding a user to a database, and username is a unique index:

$sql = new MySQLi(...);
$res = $sql->query('INSERT INTO `users` (`username`) VALUES ("john_galt");');

A user named john_galt already exists, so the INSERT won't be performed. But how can I best respond to the user with a meaningful error (i.e. A user with that username already exists; please choose a unique name.)?

I thought of a couple things, like checking if insert_id is set -- which it shouldn't be if the query generated an error. But that error could be anything.

Similarly, I could check to see if $sql->error is not empty, except, again, that could be anything as well -- a syntax error, or a malformatted value, or whatever. Obviously I'm not going to print out the actual MySQL error for the end user.

The two solutions I can think of are:

• Before running the INSERT, run a SELECT TRUE FROM ``users`` WHERE ``username`` = "john_galt"; to see if the username already exists in the database, but I feel like I added a unique constraint to the field so that I wouldn't have to do this -- kinda defeats the purpose otherwise.
  • strpos($sql->error, 'Duplicate entry') === 0 -- seems horribly hackish.

Is there a better method for determining this using PHP's MySQLi class?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• doupapin172773 2014-08-10 00:34
    关注

You can use errno to get the returned error code and use that, for example:

if($sql->errno === 1062) {
        //do something
    }

Here's a list of error codes for MySQL 5.5: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/error-messages-server.html

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 没有证书,nginx怎么反向代理到只能接受https的公网网站
  • ¥50 成都蓉城足球俱乐部小程序抢票
  • ¥15 yolov7训练自己的数据集
  • ¥15 esp8266与51单片机连接问题(标签-单片机|关键词-串口)(相关搜索:51单片机|单片机|测试代码)
  • ¥15 电力市场出清matlab yalmip kkt 双层优化问题
  • ¥30 ros小车路径规划实现不了,如何解决?(操作系统-ubuntu)
  • ¥20 matlab yalmip kkt 双层优化问题
  • ¥15 如何在3D高斯飞溅的渲染的场景中获得一个可控的旋转物体
  • ¥88 实在没有想法,需要个思路
  • ¥15 MATLAB报错输入参数太多