duanmeng1950 2011-11-27 01:15
浏览 26
已采纳

PayPal IPN - PHP和MySQL

Just a question to make sure I understand this correctly:

When I create my buy now button and I pass all the form fields to PayPal - once the user has finished their transaction as long as I've set up the notify_url to post to, say, the ipn.php file, the user will be redirected to a page on the site defined in the return field, yes?

In other words:

notify_url - Posts transaction information to the specified file.

return - Redirects the user to a defined page.

I know this should be simple enough, I've read the documentation and I've been at this for two weeks. I mean, I've been trying to find the proper solution for about two weeks and I think the IPN option may be it.

I believe, at this point, I'm just over thinking it but I've heard that these fields cancel one another out. Is this true? If so, how do I rectify it?

Please, please, don't send me back to the documentation. I'm so confused by it right now.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dongqing5925 2011-11-27 01:21
    关注

These two fields are unrelated to one another.

notify_url exists so that paypal can inform you (not the user) when the user's transaction is complete. It posts a specially-formatted request (the IPN) to the url you specify. This is an out-of-band mechanism that the user will never see.

return redirects the user's browser to the page you specify when his transaction is complete.

You can have one or the other or both fields set.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#windows#的问题:怎么用WIN 11系统的电脑 克隆WIN NT3.51-4.0系统的硬盘
  • ¥15 matlab有关常微分方程的问题求解决
  • ¥15 perl MISA分析p3_in脚本出错
  • ¥15 k8s部署jupyterlab,jupyterlab保存不了文件
  • ¥15 ubuntu虚拟机打包apk错误
  • ¥199 rust编程架构设计的方案 有偿
  • ¥15 回答4f系统的像差计算