doulangbi6869 2011-11-03 23:58
浏览 11
已采纳

使用MySQL而不是文本文件或文件名用于PHP的图像顺序是更快还是更好?

I have images being stored in folders related to articles on my PHP web site, and would like to set the order to display the images based on author input. I started by naming the files with a number in front of them, but was considering recording the order in a text file instead to avoid renaming every file and retaining their original file names, or possibly storing the order in a MySQL table.

My question is about best practice and speed - every time the article is loaded, it will have to find out the order of images to display them. I was hoping to get some input about which method would be best and fastest.

For example, is it much slower to read a list of file names in a folder with PHP, or open a text file and read the contents, compared to making MySQL query and update statements?

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• doushi6947 2011-11-04 00:03
    关注

I'd say a lot depends on your base hardware/filesystem/mysql connection performances. A single access to disk, just to read images is most likely going to be your quickest option. But you'd need to name your files manually ahead.

Mysql requires a TCP or *NIX socket connection, and this might slow down things (a lot depends on the number of pictures you have, and the "quality" of your db link, though). If you have a lot of files, performance hit might be negligible. Just reading from a file might be quicker nevertheless, without bothering to set up a DB connection; you'd still have to write down ID/filename correspondence for the ordering though.

Something I'd try out in your situation is to take a look at the php stat command, and see if it can help you out sorting the pictures. Depending on the number of pictures you have (it works better with lower numbers), performance might not get a serious performance hit, and you'd be able NOT to keep a separate list of picture/creation date tuples. As your number of pictures grow, the file list approach seems to me like a reasonable way to solve the problem. Just benchmarking the thing as the number of pictures increases can tell you the truth, though. Since, I think, you can expect to have lot of variability, depending on your specific context.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(3条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 seatunnel 怎么配置Elasticsearch
  • ¥15 PSCAD安装问题 ERROR: Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2017 or 2019 is not found in the system.
  • ¥15 (标签-MATLAB|关键词-多址)
  • ¥15 关于#MATLAB#的问题,如何解决?(相关搜索:信噪比,系统容量)
  • ¥500 52810做蓝牙接受端
  • ¥15 基于PLC的三轴机械手程序
  • ¥15 多址通信方式的抗噪声性能和系统容量对比
  • ¥15 winform的chart曲线生成时有凸起
  • ¥15 msix packaging tool打包问题
  • ¥15 finalshell节点的搭建代码和那个端口代码教程