dongqianzhan8325 2010-01-18 10:00
浏览 41
已采纳

将站点导入SVN存储库时,如何处理网站配置文件?

I'm starting to use SVN repositories for all of our websites and wanted to know what the best practise was regarding website config files.

Should they be stored in the repository? The problem is the configuration of the websites need to be different for the working copies than that of the live sites. If I edit the config file for a working copy so that I can test on my machine when I commit back to the repository the config file will be updated there too and could then potentially get uploaded to the live site.

What do people generally do with config files, is there a way to tell SVN to skip config files when performing commits etc?

• 写回答

5条回答 默认 最新

• doujianglin6704 2010-01-18 10:02
    关注

Generally, it's best to put config files into version control if they store significant information.

If you're talking ASP.NET sites here, I'd definitely place the config file in SVN. You can play a few tricks in ASP.NET config files using inheritInChildApplications and allowOverride (see How to: Lock ASP.NET Configuration Settings) which may allow you to force a local debug version to use different settings from the final production version despite using the same config file: just mount the website as a sub-directory in the local debug IIS and lock a few sections you wish to override. And of course, you could just include two config keys for particularly tricky bits and check in code which to load.

In general, it's good practice to make deploying anything from SVN a process involving as few manual steps as possible. That makes it more likely you'll do it correctly under time-pressure, and it makes disaster recovery easier to boot (say, when your datacenter springs a leak and you want to install the web site on some temporary box until you've got those backups sorted). Ideally, an svn checkout or export with at most a compile should suffice to get the web site up and running. I include even binary dll-dependencies directly in svn (stuff like javascript compressors and whatnot) so it'll run without requiring a bunch of custom library installs on the server, and compile on a dev machine with just msbuild.

For PHP, the principle is the same. However, you'll need different tricks. For instance, you might write the config file such that it checks some global system environment variable, and then overrides selected settings if it's a dev-machine. For instance, I've a setup similar to this where I check the IP address; all dev-machines are in a particular IP-block; unless a machine is in that IP block, it's considered a production machine (which doesn't enable various tracing etc. options). You could also check the host name, or simply any old environment variable which all developers agree to set on their development machines.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(4条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥50 有数据,怎么建立模型求影响全要素生产率的因素
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么用matlab求全要素生产率
  • ¥15 TI的insta-spin例程
  • ¥15 完成下列问题完成下列问题
  • ¥15 C#算法问题, 不知道怎么处理这个数据的转换
  • ¥15 YoloV5 第三方库的版本对照问题
  • ¥15 请完成下列相关问题!
  • ¥15 drone 推送镜像时候 purge: true 推送完毕后没有删除对应的镜像,手动拷贝到服务器执行结果正确在样才能让指令自动执行成功删除对应镜像,如何解决?
  • ¥15 求daily translation(DT)偏差订正方法的代码
  • ¥15 js调用html页面需要隐藏某个按钮