doukuipai8544 2011-12-13 14:09
浏览 46
已采纳

对于简单的消息系统,我应该为发送和接收的消息创建数据库表,还是只创建一个表来处理这两个消息?

I want to create a simple Messaging System on my LAMP site. Not an instant messaging System, but an asyncronous messaging system, like a very simple form of e-mail.

In the Database, should I:

A) create one table for the Inbox (receiver) and one table for Sent (sender), so that when a receiver deletes the message from their Inbox, the sender can still see it in their Sent folder,

or

B) create just one table, and then add a column for whether the Receiver/Sender has deleted it or not and then display it accordingly to each user based on that?

I would also like to keep track of whether the receiver has read it and whether they have replied to it or not.

Option B seems more efficient since you are not essentially duplicating a table, but I'm wondering if there are any potential issues with that method that I'm not thinking about.

So, which option do you recommend, A), B) or something else, and why?

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• duanfang2708 2011-12-13 14:14
    关注

I would create it as a single table with something like:

ID
    FromID
    ToID

An additional table that linked users to messages would be used to determine who has read what (the sender automatically being linked to that message, for example).

UserID
    MessageID

Essentially, if a user has read a message, they'll have an entry in this table.

Doing it this way gives us a single view for all users. Someone's inbox is basically any message in the table where they are the recipient, and there sent box is any message where they are the sender.

My InBox:

SELECT * FROM Messages WHERE FromID = @MyID

My OutBox:

SELECT * FROM Messages WHERE ToID = @MyID

My Unread messages:

SELECT * FROM Messages
    WHERE ToID = @MyID
    AND ID NOT IN (SELECT MessageID FROM MessagesRead WHERE UserID = @MyID)

This is far simpler, imho than trying to use two tables that are basically doing the same thing. And you'd be replicating the From and To in both tables, but in reverse and we'd have 2 copies of the message floating around when we only needed one. Using an additional MessagesRead table allows us to track who has read what.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:在模糊控制器中选出线路信息,在simulink中根据线路信息生成速度时间目标曲线(初速度为20m/s,15秒后减为0的速度时间图像)我想问线路信息是什么
  • ¥15 banner广告展示设置多少时间不怎么会消耗用户价值
  • ¥16 mybatis的代理对象无法通过@Autowired装填
  • ¥15 可见光定位matlab仿真
  • ¥15 arduino 四自由度机械臂
  • ¥15 wordpress 产品图片 GIF 没法显示
  • ¥15 求三国群英传pl国战时间的修改方法
  • ¥15 matlab代码代写,需写出详细代码,代价私
  • ¥15 ROS系统搭建请教(跨境电商用途)
  • ¥15 AIC3204的示例代码有吗,想用AIC3204测量血氧,找不到相关的代码。