douba6365 2012-07-29 20:39 采纳率: 100%
浏览 78
已采纳

在MySQL表中存储盐是否安全? [重复]

Possible Duplicate:
Best way to prevent SQL Injection in PHP
The necessity of hiding the salt for a hash

I'm very new to MySQL and PHP, and have started self-learning it over the past couple of days and today I was looking at encryption for passwords etc. I've been looking through many webpages with information on the topic and most of them are saying to generate a random salt for every entry in the table (which I understand, you don't want the same salt for every entry) and this salt should then be stored in the table alongside the entry.

From what I've understood (correct me if I'm wrong), the encryption of the password doesn't prevent hackers from accessing it, rather just masks the true value if they do get access to the database. Surely if this is the case, you wouldn't want to store the salt in the table too - if the hacker has accessed the database and can see the encrypted data, showing him the salt just makes his job of decrypting infinitely easier?

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• dongningce9075 2012-07-29 20:44
    关注

The salt isn't used to encrypt. Instead, it goes (together with the password) into a hash function. That way, nobody (not even your application) can determine the password, but you can verify a password.

The salt is then used to require the attacker to attack each password hash individually (if the attacker wants just one password, the salt doesn't help in any way). Thanks to rainbow tables, it is fairly easy to compute the outputs of the hash function for common passwords.

The salt value is not secret, and can be safely stored in a MySQL database (or even published).

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(3条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥60 版本过低apk如何修改可以兼容新的安卓系统
  • ¥25 由IPR导致的DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE蓝屏
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么建立模型求影响全要素生产率的因素
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么用matlab求全要素生产率
  • ¥15 TI的insta-spin例程
  • ¥15 完成下列问题完成下列问题
  • ¥15 C#算法问题, 不知道怎么处理这个数据的转换
  • ¥15 YoloV5 第三方库的版本对照问题
  • ¥15 请完成下列相关问题!
  • ¥15 drone 推送镜像时候 purge: true 推送完毕后没有删除对应的镜像,手动拷贝到服务器执行结果正确在样才能让指令自动执行成功删除对应镜像,如何解决?