dongwei8729 2013-03-13 16:10
浏览 49
已采纳

Apostrophes和Colons in Pretty Links

I am looking to solve a problem dealing with "pretty links" or "permalinks" that list the title of books, such as:

http://www.example.com/title/The-Catcher-in-the-Rye/

When I deal with regular book titles, such that have simple words or spaces, there is no problem, since I can simply replace the space with a dash - and deal with finding the book title in the database by doing a reverse str_replace.

However, the problem arises when I have titles of books that have either apostrophes ' or colons : in them, or both as in this example:

Why Can't I Be You: A Novel

In my sql database, all single quotes are escaped, so that the entry in the database is as follows:

+-----+-------------------------------+
| BID | book_title                    |
|   1 | Why Can\'t I Be You: A Novel  |

When I list all book titles, I again unescape the string, so it lists simply as: Why Can't I Be You: A Novel

My <a> links show the unescaped title, with the pretty links created by replacing spaces with dashes and omitting the apostrophes and colons as follows:

<a href="http://www.example.com/title/why-cant-i-be-you-a-novel" title="Why Can't I Be You: A Novel">Why Can't I Be You: A Novel</a>

So, getting to my problem. I want to be able to list all the titles of the books formatted (unescaped) and have the "permalinks" / "pretty links" with hyphens work and return the proper title to the GET method.

In my .htaccess entry, I have the following RewriteRule:

RewriteRule ^title/(.*[^/])/?$ viewbook.php?booktitle=$1 [NC,L]

What this does is take the "pretty" link portion that follows title/ and sends it via GET to viewbook.php. So for example for the book The Catcher in the Rye, the following is sent via GET: The-Catcher-in-the-Rye

No problem there, since it is simple in php to resolve this issue:

$booktitle = $_GET['booktitle'];
$goodBookTitle = str_replace('-', ' ', $booktitle);

// or we can do it all at once

$booktitle = str_replace('-', ' ', $_GET['booktitle']);

// Send $booktitle to SQL query and find the book

This works fine when no apostrophes are found, however, this method does not help if the title has either apostrophes or colons since it will not be found in the database. I also do not want to use the WHERE book_title LIKE '%$booktitle%' since viewbook.php has to be the exact match.

I am looking for an elegant or simple solution which will enable me to solve this via a RewriteRule and not have to add extra tables to the database for say slug or permalink, and I don't want to have apostrophes in the url such as %27 for single quote. This is a large database on which data entry is done in a spreadsheet, exported to CSV and uploaded into the SQL database. There is no front end for individual entries to allow for such things as slug or equivalent.

I hope my explanation is clear.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dongzi3805 2013-03-16 19:53
    关注

First of all, the idea of storing escaped strings in database looks strange. MySQL is able to store strings of arbitrary characters and even can safely store binary sequences.

Now about mapping from real titles to pretty URLs and back. The idea to convert title to URL-friendly string and then back is not the common way to solve your problem, because it is very hard to make such conversion reversible. Usual way to solve this problem is to have separate column in the database that contains book title modified to be URL-friendly. Also values in this columns should be made unique. The table could look like this:

+-----+-----------------------------+----------------------------+
    | BID | book_title                  | book_title_url             |
    |   1 | Why Can't I Be You: A Novel | why-can-t-i-be-you-a-novel |

You should index your table by this columns and use it instead of book_title in SQL query inside your viewbook.php script like this:

SELECT * FROM books WHERE book_title_url='$booktitle'

Where $booktitle contains book title received via $_GET['booktitle'] and properly escaped to prevent SQL injections.

So your pretty URLs will look like http://www.example.com/title/why-can-t-i-be-you-a-novel and they will be rewritten by Apache to something like http://www.example.com/viewbook.php?booktitle=why-can-t-i-be-you-a-novel.

Again, this is common way how pretty URLs are usually implemented. hope it will work for you too.

For existing records you can populate book_title_url column by something like this:

UPDATE books SET book_title_url=REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(book_title, " ", "-"), ":", "-"), "'", "-");

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 YoloV5 第三方库的版本对照问题
  • ¥15 请完成下列相关问题!
  • ¥15 drone 推送镜像时候 purge: true 推送完毕后没有删除对应的镜像,手动拷贝到服务器执行结果正确在样才能让指令自动执行成功删除对应镜像,如何解决?
  • ¥15 求daily translation(DT)偏差订正方法的代码
  • ¥15 js调用html页面需要隐藏某个按钮
  • ¥15 ads仿真结果在圆图上是怎么读数的
  • ¥20 Cotex M3的调试和程序执行方式是什么样的?
  • ¥20 java项目连接sqlserver时报ssl相关错误
  • ¥15 一道python难题3
  • ¥15 牛顿斯科特系数表表示