dongnianchou7047 2012-02-03 12:13 采纳率: 0%
浏览 44

加快创建未来记录

I have a Codeigniter system where users can enter an appointment and have it automatically repeat on a weekly basis. The system automatically creates appointments a month ahead of the current date if the original appointment was set to repeat.

Here is the module function. It works, but boy is it slow. Would really appreciate suggestions; is there a way to do this in a couple of passes using SQL?

The problem is the nested loops, when the system has hundreds of repeat appointments to check for it takes about 20 seconds to run.

The 'repeats' field is set to 1 for an appointment that repeats, or 2 for a 'child' appointment created from it.

function update_repeat_appointments($pupil_ID=NULL) // adds appointments 1 month ahead for all repeat appointments
{
    if ($pupil_ID != NULL) {$this->db->where('timetable.pupil_ID', $pupil_ID);}

$this->db->where('repeats', 1);
    $this->db->where('date >=', date('Y-m-d', strtotime("-1 month", strtotime("now"))));
    $this->db->order_by("date", "asc"); 
    $query = $this->db->get('timetable');
    $repeatapps = $query->result();

$enddate = strtotime("+1 month", strtotime("now")); // Change this line to have repeat appointments go further into the future

//Loop over current repeat appointments
    foreach ($repeatapps as $row) {
        $startdate = strtotime($row->date);
        $runningdate = $startdate;

$this->db->where('pupil_id', $row->pupil_id);
        $this->db->where('repeats <>', 1);
        $this->db->where('date >=', date('Y-m-d', strtotime("-1 month", strtotime("now"))));
        $this->db->order_by("date", "asc"); 
        $query = $this->db->get('timetable');
        $subapps = $query->result();

while ($runningdate <= $enddate) {
            // Check if there is an appointment in a future week for this pupil
            $runningdate = strtotime("+1 week", $runningdate);
            $found=false;
            foreach ($subapps as $subrow) {
               if (strtotime($subrow->date) == $runningdate) { //Matched appointment found, exit loop
                  $found=true;
                  break; 
               }
            }
            if ($found=false) {
                //Add an appointment with relevant data, including future date
                $data = array ( "staff_id" => $row->staff_id,
                                "pupil_id" => $row->pupil_id,
                                "venue_id" => $row->venue_id,
                                "group_id" => $row->group_id,
                                "notes" => $row->notes,
                                "date" => date('Y-m-d h:i:s', $runningdate),
                                "repeats" => 2, // is a sub_repeat
                                "root_ID" => $row->ID // Record ID of root appointment, allows bulk changes to it's repeats
                                );
                $this->add_appointment($data);                      
            }
        }       
    }  
  • 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongzhangnong2063 2012-02-04 21:19
    关注

This seems less of a "this particular script is slow" problem than it is a "this particular script doesn't scale because it's doing too much at once" problem.

I would assume from looking at this that it's a cron script. It has to recalculate the information, whether or not anything changed. The more repeating events you have, the longer this script takes.

I would ask some questions like this:

1. Can I populate a month in advance RIGHT WHEN the appointment is marked as recurring? (Load is distributed to the individual users requesting the action)
    2. Can I append a new event every time an old one passes, thereby keeping a running list of a month's worth, but not having to run expensive calculations every time? (Load is probably centralized in a cron script here, unless you have an "event" triggered by the related user--i.e. marked as attended/completed/etc.)

In this scenario, here's the cron logic:

1. Check for recurring appointments that have passed since the last time the cron script ran (some sort of flag for "processed")
    2. For every appointment record that passed, add one to the end of the queue over the recurrence interval, and flag the "expired" record as "processed"

Having said all that, a 20-second cron script isn't nearly as terrible as a 20-second page request. When you distribute the load, always lean in favor of user experience.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 AT89C51控制8位八段数码管显示时钟。
  • ¥15 真我手机蓝牙传输进度消息被关闭了,怎么打开?(关键词-消息通知)
  • ¥15 下图接收小电路,谁知道原理
  • ¥15 装 pytorch 的时候出了好多问题,遇到这种情况怎么处理?
  • ¥20 IOS游览器某宝手机网页版自动立即购买JavaScript脚本
  • ¥15 手机接入宽带网线,如何释放宽带全部速度
  • ¥30 关于#r语言#的问题:如何对R语言中mfgarch包中构建的garch-midas模型进行样本内长期波动率预测和样本外长期波动率预测
  • ¥15 ETLCloud 处理json多层级问题
  • ¥15 matlab中使用gurobi时报错