dongzhuo3376 2010-02-28 22:12
浏览 107

发送电子邮件的问题

When I send email on locally I don't have any problem with sending email.

However when I uploaded to my live site, I am not able to send email.

I use PHP mail function.

Can anyone tell me what I need to look for?

Thanks in advance.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• douhan9191 2010-02-28 22:27
    关注

If you have a dedicated server which is not shared with any other apps you didn't personally develop and have control over, then do the following:

• Ensure that your PHP app is sending to a local MTA, which is accepting the messages
    • Diagnose why your MTA is not delivering the messages.
    • Take steps to get your server's IPs delisted from all the countless blacklists you're currently on.

If on the other hand, your hosting is not completely dedicated to only applications you developed and have full control of (i.e. not spammers), then you can pretty much forget it.

Almost every single shared server provider has it full of dodgy scripts which are either deliberately sending spam, or being compromised by spammers to be used to send spam. The rest just send non-spam mails at a volume which makes them look like spam. As a result they all become constantly blacklisted. Being removed from these blacklists is pointless, as your server will immediately be re-listed once all the spammers you share with resume their spammy spamming.

Conclusion:

• If you want to send any mail, at all, and hope to have it delivered, use a completely dedicated server.

If you have several apps, you might want to consider using a dedicated outbound IP just for delivering the messages from that app. This reduces the impact of one of them getting blacklisted. IPv4 addresses** aren't really that unavailable that this is unreasonable.

If you don't have your own IP address space, you will need to request it from your colo provider. If possible, ask them what addresses they have available and check them for blacklists BEFORE having them allocated to you.

** Most email providers don't accept mail on IPv6

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥50 如何用脚本实现输入法的热键设置
  • ¥20 我想使用一些网络协议或者部分协议也行,主要想实现类似于traceroute的一定步长内的路由拓扑功能
  • ¥30 深度学习,前后端连接
  • ¥15 孟德尔随机化结果不一致
  • ¥15 apm2.8飞控罗盘bad health,加速度计校准失败
  • ¥15 求解O-S方程的特征值问题给出边界层布拉休斯平行流的中性曲线
  • ¥15 谁有desed数据集呀
  • ¥20 手写数字识别运行c仿真时,程序报错错误代码sim211-100