dongtiandexue123456 2012-08-07 12:06
浏览 42
已采纳

我的脚本和hostgators托管服务,以及一些其他信息[关闭]

Hi guys I have a few questions that I wanted to ask. I an using hostgators business plan hosting on a shared server and when I talked to them about limitations and such they have told me that the limit for sending emails is 500 per hour(I think but not too sure maybe 1000, but it doesn't matter.) and I think I'll be having problems when my work goes live, so I am thinking to make some kind of script(PHP) that will be monitoring the outgoing emails allow 350 emails to be sent and put the rest on hold until the hour passes and after that send another 350 and so on, and so on. And I am planing of building a update system with XML RPC for engine and communicating with remote server and if there are any updates available to start reading them and applying them to the system triggered by CRON. So that was the information I wanted to give now the questions:

1. Email monitor:
1.1 How to get the amount of emails sent?
1.2 How should I set up the CRON for it?(if i set up CRON with less than 5mins I think it will be deleted.) Or should I use alternative and what should it be?
1.3 Can someone please give me an example script?
2. XML RPC updater:
2.1 What will be the best way to make it?
2.2 What has to be the method except "Check"->"Response[true|false]"->"Read updated content"->"Write updated content"?
2.3 Is it a good idea to make such system and what will be the most secure way to make it?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongshi9407 2012-08-07 12:22
    关注

You can always have a table in your database which sets how many e-mails have been sent on a particular day. You can use UPDATE email_count SET emails = emails + 1 WHERE date = $current_date in a PHP query ($current_date is the variable PHP has to get from the timestamp) and before sending an e-mail, check against this value using a SELECT query.

Of course, you'll need to decide what you want. Prohibit e-mail sending (I'll take a user's registration confirming e-mail as an example) if the limit is reached, or just throttle (postpone) them. If you decide to prohibit, your work is simple: if the amount is already at the limit, you just disable the registration form.

If you decide to throttle, you'll have a much complex problem requiring a much complex solution. You will need to generate the e-mails (either as their already-made text format, or just the variable contents) and store them in the database along with the To: value. You will also need accuracy and a set-up cron, so that in the next hour, you first parse the "left-behind" e-mails from the previous hour.

But what if the previous day generates so many e-mails not only that one, but the hour thereafter gets "clogged"? You need to measure and model the usage of your site and get the best example. There might be some equations out there which could help you set up a pattern of throttling. Half of the limit is reserved hourly for possible left-behind e-mails? Taking some population statistics methods in account? There are various options.

Take note that if there is CLI PHP installed on the server, cron can execute PHP scripts too. Just make sure that the cron-ran file's output is generated in a more fitting way for plaintext report files, as cron can be set to save the file's output into a file somewhere on the filesystem.

00 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php /home/john/myscript.php

Fetching remote updates requires you to take care to prevent any malicious data. You should try encapsulating your update information into a compressed container (gzip?) and calculate checksums on it. The method should be:

• Query the remote server
    • Check difference/update on remote server
    • Fetch response (if there was difference)
    • Check against difference locally with some sanitizing and hashing
    • Merge fetched update

If you are to set up the remote server's system too (what XML-RPC might send as reponse), I would try implementing a reliable method with enough security checks. But try to prevent premature optimization and overkilling.

However, there are also other wrappers you might use for communicating with a remote server. Take cURL as an example.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:在模糊控制器中选出线路信息,在simulink中根据线路信息生成速度时间目标曲线(初速度为20m/s,15秒后减为0的速度时间图像)我想问线路信息是什么
  • ¥15 banner广告展示设置多少时间不怎么会消耗用户价值
  • ¥16 mybatis的代理对象无法通过@Autowired装填
  • ¥15 可见光定位matlab仿真
  • ¥15 arduino 四自由度机械臂
  • ¥15 wordpress 产品图片 GIF 没法显示
  • ¥15 求三国群英传pl国战时间的修改方法
  • ¥15 matlab代码代写,需写出详细代码,代价私
  • ¥15 ROS系统搭建请教(跨境电商用途)
  • ¥15 AIC3204的示例代码有吗,想用AIC3204测量血氧,找不到相关的代码。