dongnaigu2052 2019-05-10 16:24
浏览 47

Desktop / Webapp共享数据库覆盖重复键上的数据

I'm developing a webapp that shares a database with an in-production desktop app (aka I cannot modify the database, only try to mimic behaviors). The module I'm working on now will store notes into this database in the notes table. I was able to get it to work, I added notes and they showed up in the desktop app, then after some time I realized the notes actual note text and descriptions were being overwritten. Looking at the rows in the database, I noticed modified_by user was set, telling me there was a duplicate key on insert, then later update. The primary key for this table is to auto-increment so I was very confused. After some digging I found a table called counters with a column called notes that had a count that matched the current index of notes table. Before just simply +1 the counter on every insert, I downloaded wireshark onto the db server and recorded the traffic on the db port and found this:

(Procedure when adding a note from desktop app)

UPDATE counters SET in_use = 'Y';
SELECT notes FROM counters WHERE key_col = 1;
/* Desktop app uses current count for new index */
UPDATE counters SET notes = /* current count +1 */ WHERE key_col = 1;
UPDATE counters SET in_use = 'N';
/* ...Inserts new note here with explicit ID = current count ... */

Now I'm even more confused. Why set the table to auto-increment at all? Second, there was never any checking of in_use before selecting the count and adding one... so what's the point of in_use? Couldn't this code lead to overwrites if two users inserted at the same time? Wouldn't the correct way to do this be to lock the counters table for every operation? I could try this, but I'm not sure how the desktop app will handle encountering a lock (based on experience - fatal error).

Aside from exactly duplicating this procedure and hoping for the best, I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. One thought is to:

<?php
const MAX_ATTEMPTS = 3;
$curKey;

for($i = 0; $i < MAX_ATTEMPTS; $i++){
    /*
    SELECT in_use, notes from counters where key_col = 1;
    */
    if( 'N' === $result['in_use'] ){
        $curKey = $result['notes'];
        /* INSERT count here - $curKey++ */
        break;
    }
    /* Sleep for .25 seconds to allow for current operation to finish */
    usleep(250000);
}

if( null == $curKey ){
    throw \Exception('Could not insert note because counter table locked after '. MAX_ATTEMPTS .' attempts');
}

/* INSET note code here... */

This seems ok, but could still possibly overwrite because a) time between select count and insert new count b) Desktop app does not seem to do any checking.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

EDIT: Made a stored procedure to do checking during select and insert.

DELIMITER $$

CREATE DEFINER=`testUser`@`%` FUNCTION `getNextNoteIndex`(appKey INTEGER) RETURNS int(11)
BEGIN
    SELECT IF(`in_use` = 'N', `notes`, NULL) INTO @curIndex FROM `counters` WHERE `app_key` = appKey;
    IF @curIndex IS NOT NULL
    THEN
        SET @newIndex = @curIndex + 1;
        UPDATE `counters` SET `notes` = @newIndex WHERE `app_key` = appKey AND `in_use` = 'N' AND `notes` = @curIndex;
        IF ROW_COUNT() = 1
        THEN
            RETURN @newIndex;
        END IF;
    END IF;
RETURN NULL;
END

Usage:

SELECT testDB.getNextNoteIndex(1) AS $index;
  • 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dounan4479 2019-05-10 16:43
    关注

I do not know for what purpose they would need to create a table that does the auto incrementing, it doesn't sound like a standard solution.

I'm confused as to what you can and cannot change (db, backend code, etc):

If you're on the inside, are you not able to ask the developer who built that intermediate incrementing table what it is for and potentially get clarity there, or bypass it altogether.

If you're on the outside, does it make sense to ask them for an API and use the endpoints they gave you? Then any problems that arise from overwriting fall on their court.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 基于卷积神经网络的声纹识别
  • ¥15 Python中的request,如何使用ssr节点,通过代理requests网页。本人在泰国,需要用大陆ip才能玩网页游戏,合法合规。
  • ¥100 为什么这个恒流源电路不能恒流?
  • ¥15 有偿求跨组件数据流路径图
  • ¥15 写一个方法checkPerson,入参实体类Person,出参布尔值
  • ¥15 我想咨询一下路面纹理三维点云数据处理的一些问题,上传的坐标文件里是怎么对无序点进行编号的,以及xy坐标在处理的时候是进行整体模型分片处理的吗
  • ¥15 CSAPPattacklab
  • ¥15 一直显示正在等待HID—ISP
  • ¥15 Python turtle 画图