duanjiancong4860 2012-09-02 09:38
浏览 71

GIT - Web开发工作流程/部署

I'm part of a team of 3 (2 developers and 1 designer) who sometimes work in the office and sometimes remotely and I'm looking at a way of using GIT to develop our websites seamlessly. I've got a managed account with Rackspace and have 3 servers setup on the account - development, staging and production.

I'm looking at the best way for our team to develop daily on our websites without having to FTP the files up to the server each time we make any changes. I've used SVN in the past but i'm looking to use Git for version control. The workflow I had in mind for an example website called 'test' was the following:

Development Server would have a directory (called trunk but not sure if it should be called something else?) for each user as well as a central directory. E.g /var/www/test/jbloggs/, /var/www/test/asmith/, /var/www/test/rjohnson/ and /var/www/test/central/trunk/.

The central repository would be installed within /var/www/test/central/trunk/ and then /asmith/, /rjohnson/ and /jbloggs/ would clone the trunk which would mean they would become /var/www/test/asmith/trunk, /var/www/test/rjohnson/trunk/ and /var/www/test/jbloggs/trunk/.

Each user would then have a copy of /trunk/ which will contain all the website files, will all have a subdomain configured i.e jbloggs.test.development, rjohnson.test.development etc and will configure their IDE to automatically SFTP to the server so that they are working directly within their directory the development server. The central directory domain will be test.development. When they come to committing any changes to the central repository they will SSH into the server and commit their changes and when we want to update the central repository we will pull these changes to get the latest version which can then be viewed at test.development.

Is this the right method of doing things or should we all have a local LAMP stack installed (apart from the designer who uses Windows) and have our repositories locally? If so, should the central repo still be on the rackspace server? The developers will be using phpstorm and the designer dreamweaver.

Hope the above makes sense.

Thanks

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongsha7215 2012-09-02 10:01
    关注

I strongly advise you to work local and then commit on the shared server. This is what git is made for. Development will be more reactive and easier for everybody. Make sure all dev master git so they can do their internal soup as they want. If one dev destroy the database, the others can keep on working. But you'll also need a convenient way to synch databases so developers work with an up to date local database.

The rest of your chain is ok, you can still have two test step like dev server for dev team and test server for testers. This will make testers working on a more stable version and it will also make you test the upgrade process when you copy changes from dev server to test server. Lot of errors arise because of untested upgrade procedures. You can updates changes on test and production server either by installing GIT on them or just using a simple script that will ftp changed files. I don't like having git on a production server but this is a personal opinion.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 #MATLAB仿真#车辆换道路径规划
  • ¥15 java 操作 elasticsearch 8.1 实现 索引的重建
  • ¥15 数据可视化Python
  • ¥15 要给毕业设计添加扫码登录的功能!!有偿
  • ¥15 kafka 分区副本增加会导致消息丢失或者不可用吗?
  • ¥15 微信公众号自制会员卡没有收款渠道啊
  • ¥100 Jenkins自动化部署—悬赏100元
  • ¥15 关于#python#的问题:求帮写python代码
  • ¥20 MATLAB画图图形出现上下震荡的线条