dqfr90979 2013-11-04 09:37
浏览 24
已采纳

数据库中数据的安全性

I am making a web application and i want it to be secure, so i ll be using SSL and, will hash passwords. But my server is managed by a different company and it's a shared hosting server, they have direct access to database. I want to prevent any possible loss of sensitive information so i am thinking about encrypting all the data in the database.

Is this a good way to keep data secure? are there any other ways to protect data in database?

I am using PHP, MYSQL, Apache, and Linux

please provide details. also if am thinking in the wrong direction pls tell that too.

Thanks in advance

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douchuopiao9002 2013-11-04 09:44
    关注

This is not a big privacy issue

The internet is composed of some few websites / web applications using self hosted solutions with fully personal servers (owned and operated in their own NOC).

Everyone else is using some form or another of shared, virtualized, semi-private, semi-dedicated, collocated hosting. In every case the hosting company has full access to everything, they have physical access to the servers -- no amount of protection can help you there.

Shared hosting might be the easiest to access from the hosting company's perspective. But that's not relevant, their policies should prevent them from operating in bad faith because if they wouldn't it wouldn't really matter if it was the easiest or the hardest to access it would only matter how interesting the data you have is to them (or some random employee of theirs).

Finding a solution to the above non-issue

Some approaches might use:

• Mounting an encrypted filesystem as a folder and setting up MySQL to use that folder to store its data;
    • MySQL encryption functions to encrypt the data in a particular cell or column;
    • a library on top of SQLite that had an encryption feature which would encrypt the entire database file;

On the other hand if your PHP files would be on the same server and the database decryption password would be stored inside your PHP files, any "intruder" could find it and use it if they wanted it.

You'd have to store the password on a different server or obtain it from the user in order to not have it present inside the local PHP files. This would obviously still be available at runtime; if the "intruder" is a programmer he will be able to retrieve it fairly easily.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 装 pytorch 的时候出了好多问题,遇到这种情况怎么处理?
  • ¥20 IOS游览器某宝手机网页版自动立即购买JavaScript脚本
  • ¥15 手机接入宽带网线,如何释放宽带全部速度
  • ¥30 关于#r语言#的问题:如何对R语言中mfgarch包中构建的garch-midas模型进行样本内长期波动率预测和样本外长期波动率预测
  • ¥15 ETLCloud 处理json多层级问题
  • ¥15 matlab中使用gurobi时报错
  • ¥15 这个主板怎么能扩出一两个sata口
  • ¥15 不是,这到底错哪儿了😭
  • ¥15 2020长安杯与连接网探
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:在模糊控制器中选出线路信息,在simulink中根据线路信息生成速度时间目标曲线(初速度为20m/s,15秒后减为0的速度时间图像)我想问线路信息是什么