doushichi3678 2011-10-05 17:40
浏览 55

脚本导致超时

I have a script that is causing timeouts, some of the time. It takes a while to run, and I'll explain what it does: We have a fairly small number of users (put it at 20), and we manage inventory for all of those users. Inventories are sent via ftp by a third party every morning (say 6:00 AM or so) as .csv files. Inventories include item descriptions, and then a variable length list of URLs for images. Our system is required to download any images that it doesnt already have (which 99.9% of the time only happens when a new item is in the inventory feed). Usually the inventory feeds are 95% the same, since most of the inventory doesn't sell from one day to the next.

The tricky part is that every morning our system looks at every inventory item and cross-checks each item's image list against the new feed. If images don't exist, it brings the new ones over using a CURL operation.

As you can imagine, depending on the day, this could be a rather time-consuming operation. I have it on a cron job. If I run it manually, it takes anywhere between 1-5 minutes depending on the load, and sometimes (as in, once in every 5 tries) it gives an "internal server error" with no explanation whatsoever.

I am using the set_time_limit(0) directive first thing in the file so I'm wondering if there's something else I need to do to ensure that it's not going to time out? Or do you guys think there's a possibility that failed transfers could be causing issues and making the script die on certain occasions? Like maybe a failed transfer that's handled badly-- I don't know. Rather than post all the code I'm wondering if I could get some ideas first since the script is pretty involved and I don't want to waste anyones time.

Any ideas are welcome. I can't think of why it's intermittently not working. For the record, if I manually run it twice, it always works the second time, but I think that's because the first run already handled most of the downloads...

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• doumian3780 2011-10-05 17:42
    关注

Some hosts kill long-running tasks regardlesss of set_time_limit. Try contacting them and asking about it.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 Oracle中如何从clob类型截取特定字符串后面的字符
  • ¥15 想通过pywinauto自动电机应用程序按钮,但是找不到应用程序按钮信息
  • ¥15 MATLAB中streamslice问题
  • ¥15 如何在炒股软件中,爬到我想看的日k线
  • ¥15 51单片机中C语言怎么做到下面类似的功能的函数(相关搜索:c语言)
  • ¥15 seatunnel 怎么配置Elasticsearch
  • ¥15 PSCAD安装问题 ERROR: Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2017 or 2019 is not found in the system.
  • ¥15 (标签-MATLAB|关键词-多址)
  • ¥15 关于#MATLAB#的问题,如何解决?(相关搜索:信噪比,系统容量)
  • ¥500 52810做蓝牙接受端