dongxia2068 2011-09-27 18:46
浏览 13
已采纳

提交一个或另一个查询

I'm continuing to hack away at my newbie php/mySQL 'Invoicer' app.

I now have a form page in which I want to run one of two queries - either an INSERT or an UPDATE, depending on whether an ID is present. When present, the ID is used to retrieve the record and pre-populate the form accordingly, which I have working. My problem now is that my conditional bits are obviously not right because in either case when submitting the form the INSERT query is run, can't get the UPDATE to run, and I've exhausted my understanding (and guess-ology).

I'd love to know why this ain't working, even if it's not the best approach, and I'm definitely open to suggestions to move the queries to a process.php, etc. I'm also wondering if I should use 'if(isset($_GET['ID'])' to simply include one block or the other.

Many thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. (p.s. my intention is to overhaul for best practices/security once I've got the broad strokes wired up)

cheers, s

<?php

// CASE I: 'EDIT RECORD':
    //  If there's an ID ...
    if  (isset($_GET['ID']) && is_numeric($_GET['ID'])) {
        $id = $_GET['ID'];
        echo "<p class=\"status\"><strong>ID IS SET ... ergo we're editing/UPDATING an existing record</strong></p>";

//  ... retrieve the record ....
        $query = sprintf("SELECT * FROM Invoices WHERE ID = %s", $id);
        $result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
        $row = mysql_fetch_array($result);

//  ... assign variables to pre-populate the form
        $id         = $row['ID'];
        $invNumber  = $row['invNumber'];
        $invDate        = $row['invDate'];
        // [ snip: more variables > field data ]

// on submit: get the form values ...
        // no worky: if (isset($_GET['ID']) && isset($_POST['submit'])) {
        if  (isset($_POST['submit']))   {
            $invNumber  = $_POST['invoice-number'];
            $invDate        = $_POST['invoice-date'];
            $projNumber = $_POST['project-number'];

// ... and UPDATE the db:
            $qUpdate = "UPDATE Invoices SET invNumber='$invNumber', invDate='$invDate', projNumber='$projNumber', client='$client', task='$task', issueDate='$issueDate', subTotal='$subTotal', tax='$tax', invTotal='$invTotal', datePaid1='$datePaid1', datePaid2='$datePaid2', comments='$comments' WHERE ID='3'";
            $result = mysql_query($qUpdate) or die(mysql_error());
            if($result) {
                echo "<p class=\"status\"><strong>SUCCESS: RECORD UPDATED!</strong></p>";
            }
            else die("DAMMIT JIM I'M A DOCTOR NOT A DB ADMIN!" . mysql_error());

} // CLOSE '(isset($_POST['submit']))
    } // END CASE I: ID present

// CASE II: 'NEW RECORD'; query = INSERT
    elseif (empty($_GET['ID'])) {
        echo "<p class=\"status\"><strong>No ID ... ergo we're INSERTING a new record:</strong></p>";

// on submit: get the form values ...
        if (isset($_POST['submit']))    {
            $invNumber  = $_POST['invoice-number'];
            $invDate        = $_POST['invoice-date'];
            $projNumber = $_POST['project-number'];

$qInsert =  "INSERT INTO Invoices (invNumber,invDate,projNumber,client,task,issueDate,subTotal,tax,invTotal,datePaid1,datePaid2,comments)
                VALUES('$invNumber','$invDate','$projNumber','$client','$task','$issueDate','$subTotal','$tax','$invTotal','$datePaid1','$datePaid2','$comments')";
            $result = mysql_query($qInsert) or die(mysql_error());
            if($result) {
                echo "<p class=\"status\"><strong>SUCCESS: NEW RECORD INSERTED!</strong></p>";
            }
            else die("DAMMIT JIM I'M A DOCTOR NOT A DB ADMIN!" . mysql_error());
        } // CLOSE '(isset($_POST['submit']))
    } // END CASE II: No ID present

?>

and:

<form id="invoiceData" method="post" action="/html/form.php">       
  • 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• du9826 2011-09-27 18:51
    关注

When you submit the form, you need to include the ID again, otherwise it is silently dropped off since you are posting to the hard-coded value /html/form.php (with ID removed). This will cause the empty($_GET['ID']) part to match and run, causing the INSERT. You can simply include the ID value back into the action of every form post like this:

<form
      id="invoiceData"
      method="post"
      action="/html/form.php?ID=<?php echo $_GET['ID']; ?>"
    >

This should work in both the cases of the UPDATE and the INSERT, because if there was no ID to begin with, this will render as /html/form.php?ID=, which will match the case of ID being empty, I believe. You may want to test this logic out for sure.

Hope this helps!

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 基于卷积神经网络的声纹识别
  • ¥15 Python中的request,如何使用ssr节点,通过代理requests网页。本人在泰国,需要用大陆ip才能玩网页游戏,合法合规。
  • ¥100 为什么这个恒流源电路不能恒流?
  • ¥15 有偿求跨组件数据流路径图
  • ¥15 写一个方法checkPerson,入参实体类Person,出参布尔值
  • ¥15 我想咨询一下路面纹理三维点云数据处理的一些问题,上传的坐标文件里是怎么对无序点进行编号的,以及xy坐标在处理的时候是进行整体模型分片处理的吗