dop82210 2011-07-18 21:13
浏览 56
已采纳

PHP中的单引号和双引号字符串有什么区别?

I am just beginning to learn PHP and I am using PHP for the Web: Visual Quickstart Guide 4th edition and I have a question about a script I learned in the book and just wrote.

This is the code of the script:

print '<p>Thank you, ' .$title.$name. ' for your comments.</p>
    <p>You stated that you found this example to be "'.$response.'" and added:<br />'
    .$comments.'</p>';

print "<p>Thank you, $title $name for your comments.</p><p>You stated that you found this example to be '$response' and added:<br/>$comments</p>";

This script is just displaying some data from an HTML form that is pulled via POST.

What is the correct way to do this? I am having a lot of trouble understanding ' vs " in this context.

The second example is the one out of the book and the first example is one that I found how to do after trying to understand the ' vs " question. In regards to this, where is a good location to find information about ' vs ".

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• dosryjij88555 2011-07-18 21:18
    关注

Double quoted strings get parsed by the PHP parser for variables and escaped characters like

$x = 10;
    echo "$x dollars"; // Outputs: 10 dollars

Single quoted strings do not get parsed so:

$x = 10;
    echo '$x dollars'; // Outputs: $x dollars

and to output 10 dollars you would need to do string concatenation:

$x = 10;
    echo $x.' dollars';

Parsing variables within strings uses more memory and takes more time than string concatenation. So single quotes are almost always the better way to go. Even though the difference is small.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(3条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 虚拟机打包apk出现错误
  • ¥30 最小化遗憾贪心算法上界
  • ¥15 用visual studi code完成html页面
  • ¥15 聚类分析或者python进行数据分析
  • ¥15 逻辑谓词和消解原理的运用
  • ¥15 三菱伺服电机按启动按钮有使能但不动作
  • ¥15 js,页面2返回页面1时定位进入的设备